Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1050 that has a blown motor in it it's a 3t90 jt or 3t90 TJ can't remember which. Is there a replacement motor other than that t390 anybody put anything different in any of these tractors many Yanmar Motors available from mowers and tractors with hydrostat units with means of putting a pressure plate on the flywheel any help would be appreciated thanks Pete

·
Registered
238 Posts
Similar sized Yanmar motors should work. Biggest Thing is to ensure the bolt pattern on the block can mate up properly to your bell housing. I can't say for certain but I would not be surprised if Yanmar is still using the same block casting today.

Just out of curiosity. Is the motor you have rebuildable or did it send a rod through the block or some other catastrophic failure.

·
Super Moderator
7,950 Posts
The 950 and 1050 used the same basic engine. Yanmar 3T90J. The only difference was the 1050 had the small turbocharger (3T90JT). There should be some non-turbo charged 950 engines out there as it was a much more popular model however you'd still be buying a ~35-40 year old engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts