Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problem with power steering on my 1140 4WD. The mechnics do work so it turns wheels but with high resistance. I have measured the pressure in the same line supplying
the steering gear and it is 160bar. The steering shaft is moving up and down approx. 15mm before front wheels start to move. I suppose that is the movement the valve takes inside the steering column?
Is it possible to dismantle the steering column without removing the shaft going through the housing below the steering column, in other words to remove the pin inside the gear housing from above?
The cabin (SEKURA) do not have any service hatch for the shaft removal.
Have anyone had this kind of problem?

BR NJA

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Welcome to GTT
160 bar & 15 MM should be within factory spec's. My guess is 1 or more of the 6 large o-rings has blown/worn out. One can remove steering shaft with spools intact by removing steering wheel. Then remove large adjusting nut,then place steering wheel on shaft and turn wheel/shaft CCW. 6 large o-rings(key 25) can painstakingly be replaced with steering housing attached to tractor.

CAUTION: If shaft/spools require disassembling keep note of shims/spacers location on shaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steering problem found when I was removing the steering house. The piston(outer part) was loose from the piston shaft and was stuck up in the cylinder.
Now I have to find a way to get it out and back on the threads. Also threads to which the outer part is fixed were a bit damaged.. I hope they still work...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts