Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I just joined so if I'm in the wrong section please forgive me and guide me to where I should be. Thanks. The problem I have and was looking for assistance is that the tach binds on my 2950 and is discontinued by John Deere. I have looked for new,used,recond,and after market with out any luck. Is there a repair facility I can send this to for Repair. I work for a Auto Dealer and we can
sent clusters out for repair but they don't repair AG Gauges. Thank you for your time and hope to be "speaking" to all of you in the future. Have a great day and a safe harvest.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Good morning, I just joined so if I'm in the wrong section please forgive me and guide me to where I should be. Thanks. The problem I have and was looking for assistance is that the tach binds on my 2950 and is discontinued by John Deere. I have looked for new,used,recond,and after market with out any luck. Is there a repair facility I can send this to for Repair. I work for a Auto Dealer and we can
sent clusters out for repair but they don't repair AG Gauges. Thank you for your time and hope to be "speaking" to all of you in the future. Have a great day and a safe harvest.
Ebay
All State Ag Parts

Al

·
Premium Member
15,316 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

WOW,, looks like they have what you're looking for. :dunno:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2950 inop tach

Thanks for your reply. That's the wrong one. That one is common. I need #AL35166. Have Tried All State,Messick's,Worthingtons,Abeline Machine. Have done a web search under the part number and have not found one. If any one has idea's that would be great. Right now I'm at a loss, but will keep looking. Thank's again

·
Registered
715 Posts
Thanks for your reply. That's the wrong one. That one is common. I need #AL35166. Have Tried All State,Messick's,Worthingtons,Abeline Machine. Have done a web search under the part number and have not found one. If any one has idea's that would be great. Right now I'm at a loss, but will keep looking. Thank's again
What's different about it beside the part number? You sure AL35166 hasn't been superseded? A mechanical tach is a mechanical tach. Provided the speedometer style cable mates, you should be good to go? Gauges are one of those parts that get used on multiple models during an era. I find it difficult to believe that the instrument cluster is unique to the 2950 only.

EDIT: Finally found a picture of an AL35166. The newer model has the fuel gauge and temp built in as well. Otherwise it appears to be the same?

Al

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2950 tach

What's different about it beside the part number? You sure AL35166 hasn't been superseded? A mechanical tach is a mechanical tach. Provided the speedometer style cable mates, you should be good to go? Gauges are one of those parts that get used on multiple models during an era. I find it difficult to believe that the instrument cluster is unique to the 2950 only.

EDIT: Finally found a picture of an AL35166. The newer model has the fuel gauge and temp built in as well. Otherwise it appears to be the same?

Al
It's an electronic tach and on the back side only has 4 female spade connections that goes on to the circuit board. The other one has 2 I believe 9 terminal plugs on the back of the tach. John Deere said that it's not superseded by something else. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts