Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a JD59 snowblower on a JD3720 tractor. A leak has developed and gotten steadily worse only when the cylinder is lifting the blower.

If you look on the JDparts diagram, the leak is between parts 16 (elbow fitting) and 15 (union fitting) and appears to be weeping up the threads. I have attempted to tighten the connection - it was already very tight. Anyone know what type of connection this is? The part diagram does not show it but is it possible there is a failed o-ring? If not is this the type of connection that should (or could) have sealant? I don’t see any sign of sealant in it now. I also don’t see any signs of a crack but I’m know sure one would be visible to the eye.

·
Administrator
18,512 Posts
I could not find the picture quickly in JDP, can you post it?

The fitting could be NPT, JIC, ORB, or ORFS. Only the NPT requires any sealant.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kenny.

Here is the section in JDParts: LIFT CYLINDER AND HOSES (31/33/35/3720 CUTS) - ST630343

And the image attached.
JD 59 Snowblower lift cylinder.JPG

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Very doubtful that those fittings have sealant. I looked the part numbers up on JD Parts but they give no details at all which is very odd.

·
Administrator
18,512 Posts
Yes unfortunately there is not enough detail to really know. You will have to take it apart and see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
leak

no sealent ...... rubber o rings ....#3...... bout $.50 ea. all jd hyd hoses and fittings use o rings don't overtighten ...good luck

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
no sealent ...... rubber o rings ....#3...... bout $.50 ea. all jd hyd hoses and fittings use o rings don't overtighten ...good luck
The #2 elbow and #16 elbow are different fittings with different part numbers. #16 does not appear to have the same separate O-ring as #2 ($1.37).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts