Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks! I'm new here. I have a 6300 that the right brake has stopped working. The pedal goes to the floor, no brake. The left brake still works fine. I have the Test & Diagnose and the Repair CD's from JD and followed the instructions to bleed the brake system, but still no help. I would like to disconnect the line coming out of the brake cylinder and plug off the outlet so I can determine if the problem is in the brake cylinder or in the brakes on the rear axle, but I can't find a fitting to cap off where the brake line is disconnected. Can someone tell me what size cap it requires? I am sure it is metric. Am trying to avoid ordering the control valve tool kit from JD but may have to. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,468 Posts
Looking in JD parts two different adapters to the brakes lines are shown (from the brake valve) The line side is not Metric (its Metric going into the brake valve). The two sizes are ORFS 4 and ORFS 6

Reactions: T Will and Gizmo2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Now I know what to look for. I couldn't find any size listed on any of the JD parts pages. Where do you find that info?

·
Premium Member
8,468 Posts
TxJim has special powers!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
TxJim has special powers!
Does having been a former JD dealer employee for over 21 yrs working in/around the JD parts dept counter qualify as my "special power" or is my power the fact I'm getting OLD?:lolol: When you have part number in one's "shopping cart'" on JDparts.com then click on part number and if spec's are furnished by JD the spec's will be displayed. But not all parts have spec's displayed.

·
Premium Member
8,468 Posts
I would have just gone with "special powers" :greentractorride:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts