Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be replacing the Fuel Injection Pump (FIP) on my 755 and I have a question.

When replacing the FIP do I use the same combination (thickness) of shims that were used on the FIP I'm replacing? I bought new shims but I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
13,513 Posts
I’ve always been told the pump must be re-timed (shimmed) anytime it is removed.

Reactions: Kennyd and Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,599 Posts
When replacing the FIP do I use the same combination (thickness) of shims that were used on the FIP I'm replacing? I bought new shims but I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it.
I don't know the answer but that's a darn good question. (y)

·
Administrator
21,002 Posts
I’ve always been told the pump must be re-timed (shimmed) anytime it is removed.
That would be my assumption too, otherwise the timing is just a WAG.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
465 Posts
I thought I would be able to help with this but we don’t have a service manual for this engine. I would suggest getting and following the service procedure for replacing the injection pump. That would be the correct way. Or you could chance it and just replace it and use the same shims. If there is a timing change hopefully it won’t be enough of a change that hurts the engine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I would be able to help with this but we don’t have a service manual for this engine. I would suggest getting and following the service procedure for replacing the injection pump. That would be the correct way. Or you could chance it and just replace it and use the same shims. If there is a timing change hopefully it won’t be enough of a change that hurts the engine
Thanks for the reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts