Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
18,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great sadness that I must report this, but I saw this message posted there this morning:

JDPC will be decommissioned by 31 October 2018. Please start using Parts ADVISOR™ (https://partsadvisor.deere.com).

:cry: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
Noooooooooooo !

:cry: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Yup, already received the email from my dealer to use their portal, which ironically the same as MyJDFinancial account, that's the only thing I have used for over a year now. The positive for people like myself who have a very good relationship with their dealer is that it is a direct link to the parts counter at my dealership.

·
Administrator
18,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, already received the email from my dealer to use their portal, which ironically the same as MyJDFinancial account, that's the only thing I have used for over a year now. The positive for people like myself who have a very good relationship with their dealer is that it is a direct link to the parts counter at my dealership.

The negative for people like myself ( and jgayman ) is that it's VERY difficult in the PA system to copy images and parts list's to post here while trying to help others.

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
The negative for people like myself ( and jgayman ) is that it's VERY difficult in the PA system to copy images and parts list's to post here while trying to help others.
10-4 good buddy.

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Administrator
18,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
Actually, it's like that for everyone. :) All you have to do is register and choose a default dealer (which you can change at any time) and it will show you the price and stock status at all of that dealer's locations. Registration is free. My dealer has five locations and I see the stock status at all of them. You can also purchase parts and they will be ready for pickup at your dealers parts counter.

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Actually, it's like that for everyone. :) All you have to do is register and choose a default dealer (which you can change at any time) and it will show you the price and stock status at all of that dealer's locations. Registration is free. My dealer has five locations and I see the stock status at all of them. You can also purchase parts and they will be ready for pickup at your dealers parts counter.
I know that, you can also see the inventory of a dealer in Kansas if you'd like. The real PITA I see for people like yourself and others is that it appears (at least the way I read the email) that you now have to go through a dealers portal unless you have a JDF account.

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Why is that, I've done it through my JDF portal, am I missing something. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
A step backwards, in my opinion.........I Don't like the new parts system, but I also don't like the new Technical Service Manual format, Owners Manual design and just about everything which is printed by Deere these days. Even the parts counter guys refer to the old system as they said "When I really need to find something quickly" because they know where it's located.

And as Kenny alluded to, the ability to use the illustrations and listings to attach to posts here or even in attachments to emails is less user friendly and helpful.

But I will say that recently I have been trying to locate a part for my wife's Ford Expedition which is located in the drivers door, behind the inside handle and their parts system makes Deere's new system look brilliant.......:dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
Why is that, I've done it through my JDF portal, am I missing something. :dunno:
The old system had illustrations that were very easy to cut 'n paste with a screen capture program and the parts list was in a nice table that would paste in very neatly to a forum reply. It can be done with the new system but it is a bit more work to make it tidy.

Also, everything on the new system is just LARGER in general. If I had to guess I would say they made the new system mobile device friendly which generally means it STINKS on a real computer. :)

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
I know that, you can also see the inventory of a dealer in Kansas if you'd like. The real PITA I see for people like yourself and others is that it appears (at least the way I read the email) that you now have to go through a dealers portal unless you have a JDF account.

Hmmm... I missed that part. I used to have a JDF sign on but that was a while back.

I guess we'll have to see what pans out. Hopefully they didn't screw over the customers again.

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Hmmm... I missed that part. I used to have a JDF sign on but that was a while back.

I guess we'll have to see what pans out. Hopefully they didn't screw over the customers again.
Hopefully not, but again, it could have just been my interpretation. Either way, I agree with you and Kenny, not all change if for the better.

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
A step backwards, in my opinion.........I Don't like the new parts system, but I also don't like the new Technical Service Manual format, Owners Manual design and just about everything which is printed by Deere these days. Even the parts counter guys refer to the old system as they said "When I really need to find something quickly" because they know where it's located.
Oh man, don't get me started on the new Owner's Manuals. JD really needs to go get their money back from whoever they paid to rewrite them. I mean, most of the SCUT/CUT owner's manuals went from 19-sections to over 40-sections but still contain the same information. I mean, do you really need a Drivetrain Maintenance section that just says "See specific drivetrain section"? Do you need a Differential and Rear Axle section that only says "The rear axle is part of the transmission. See Transmission Maintenance"? It's almost laughable. With the old manuals it is so easy to find maintenance information, with the new manuals the info is scattered all over the 40+ sections.

·
Registered
23,319 Posts
I thought I would try this new site to get used to it. I don’t have my own dealer as there are none around here. I still have my login info from my Deere financial account from 9 years ago and that worked to log in (Thanks Pat!).

And this is what I get on my iPad using Safari - I am hesitant to install anything a website asked me to...so what should I do?

63AE9B44-3F24-45C4-BA0A-E178F805DD0C.png

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
I thought I would try this new site to get used to it. I don’t have my own dealer as there are none around here. I still have my login info from my Deere financial account from 9 years ago and that worked to log in (Thanks Pat!).

And this is what I get on my iPad using Safari - I am hesitant to install anything a website asked me to...so what should I do?

I get the same error here with Chrome but IE 11 seems to work.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts

Interesting... when I check my installed programs it says I have Adobe Flash Player version 30.0.0

As for Flash - so much for my previous comment about making the site mobile device friendly.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm running Firefox. No problem here:thumbup1gif:
Adobe Flash. Seems they're trying to make things less convenient.

Reactions: SulleyBear
1 - 20 of 91 Posts