Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here's a little step by step of a project I just finished. Hope this helps someone out. I just used what I could find in the shop so it ain't perfect, but I'm happy with the outcome. If you have any questions, I'll answer them the best I can. I'll explain these pictures if someone would like me to, but otherwise a good look at them tells the story. Oh, the boss man gave me the forks, btw. They are 42x4 cascade forks. Btw, will somebody move this post to implements. I didn't mean to post it in here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Very talented they look great. Keep it up. :good2:

·
Premium Member
14,091 Posts
Great job...:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Good work. Now add a center hitch receiver and you can move trailers around.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Very nice . . . I'd would have spent more on material and welding supplies than it cost to buy one . . . That's why I bought the Artillian Pallet Forks that I'm very pleased with.

Now just a little JD green and you're ready to go . . . Marlin :cowboy:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Those look as good as any I've seen. Very nice work.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is the thickness of the steel plate used for the QA plates? Also did you use plasma or gas for cutting them? By the way I should have said this first, great work.
I used 3/8" for the QA plates and I torched them out.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Well, here's a little step by step of a project I just finished. Hope this helps someone out. I just used what I could find in the shop so it ain't perfect, but I'm happy with the outcome. If you have any questions, I'll answer them the best I can. I'll explain these pictures if someone would like me to, but otherwise a good look at them tells the story. Oh, the boss man gave me the forks, btw. They are 42x4 cascade forks. Btw, will somebody move this post to implements. I didn't mean to post it in here.
Very nice build! Are you concerned about the top hooks uncurling?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What did you use to notch out your bar that locks the forks in? Very nice.
That was time consuming. I used a grinder with an abrasive wheel and a torch. First, I made the cuts perpendicular to the length, then I washed away the metal in between the cuts until I was almost to the depth I wanted, then I cleaned that up and smoothed it out to the actual depth I wanted with the abrasive wheel. It's one of my favorite parts about it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
What did you use to notch out your bar that locks the forks in? Very nice.
Very nice build! Are you concerned about the top hooks uncurling?
Not at all. It may not look it, but it's over an 1/8" thick.Also, I made that part out of pipe so it 'wants' to be curled.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts