Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
FYI, another approach to the hooks is to just use angle iron, 1-1/4" I believe fits well.

[iurl="http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=459170&d=1468248464"]
[/iurl]

[iurl="http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=459178&d=1468248464"]
[/iurl]
this is why I love forums. Good idea.

Reactions: Gizmo2
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Well, here's a little step by step of a project I just finished. Hope this helps someone out. I just used what I could find in the shop so it ain't perfect, but I'm happy with the outcome. If you have any questions, I'll answer them the best I can. I'll explain these pictures if someone would like me to, but otherwise a good look at them tells the story. Oh, the boss man gave me the forks, btw. They are 42x4 cascade forks. Btw, will somebody move this post to implements. I didn't mean to post it in here.
Very nice build! Are you concerned about the top hooks uncurling?
UPDATE: I reinforced the top hooks and added a hitch receiver, built a backrest and then painted it all.

Attachments

Nice work Sleepy! I hope mine turn out half that good. I'm not a fabricator or welder but I'm having fun with my own project (using yours for LOTS of inspiration). Again, thanks for posting!

UPDATE: I reinforced the top hooks and added a hitch receiver, built a backrest and then painted it all.
Looks great, very nice job!

Kind of looks like a hybrid between JD/Frontier and Artillian (not meant to say anything was copied from or appropriated from them) and not meant to take away from your creativity-just my initial reaction to it visually.

Did you document any of the backrest build? Is it all flat stock? How did you bend the corners?

Discussion starter · #45 · (Edited)
Looks great, very nice job!

Kind of looks like a hybrid between JD/Frontier and Artillian (not meant to say anything was copied from or appropriated from them) and not meant to take away from your creativity-just my initial reaction to it visually.

Did you document any of the backrest build? Is it all flat stock? How did you bend the corners?
First of all, thank you. Secondly, no offense taken. I did take cues from the professionals. And finally, I did not document the backrest. And should have. Basically I laid out what I wanted on the table. Figured how much material I would need. Cut it. Pulled the degrees off of my layout and marked the flat bar and clamped it in a vise. Then I just heated it with a torch just enough to where it would bend easier. It was a little bit of a PITA. Keeping it laying flat after all the bends. A good table is a must. Hope this helps. Oh, and yes it is all flat stock.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Reactions: PJR832
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.