Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used artillians weld in plates for a snow plow? I have a 6 foot plow I wanted to weld the plates in and use it in place of the loader for keeping my driveway clear.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Weld on extensions?

I just browsed the site and didn't see any other than the rubber bolt on ones...

Do you have a link to them or to a post here with them?

·
Super Moderator
5,102 Posts
Weld on extensions?

I just browsed the site and didn't see any other than the rubber bolt on ones...

Not extensions. He's talking about the JDQA weld-on plates.

2nd item on the page. For Your JDQA Projects

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Has anyone used artillians weld in plates for a snow plow? I have a 6 foot plow I wanted to weld the plates in and use it in place of the loader for keeping my driveway clear.
Hello,

There may be people who've done this but don't visit the forums [much]. I recall that some people have welded our base frames to the backside of plow hitches so that they can keep the ability to angle the plow.

But if you don't care about angling, there's no reason why this wouldn't work. What I like about your idea is that 1) you would keep the weight and forward distance down by eliminating the angling hitch, and 2) if you find that not being able to angle the plow results in too much unwanted spillage, you could always add some side plates on and make it into a pusher, if a pusher would be useful in your setting.

:cheers:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Weld on extensions?

I know people gravitate toward rigid extensions, but that will never happen from us for the reasons stated on the website.

Need proof? These photos were taken after the damaged hitch components were straightened enough to get functioning again. The tractor frame bracket (photo 1) twisted and bent, allowing the hitch (photo 2) to twist. And this was just with the standard 54 Blade mounted on the tractor frame as Deere intended to be used. Believe it or not, our loader adapter system gives the Deere plow hitch a lot more support than the original Deere parts did, unfortunately.

Anyway, not to get off onto a different subject..

:focus:

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think the full frame welded on to the plow would make a killer set up. i am not concerned with angling as i will use a snow blower for heavy snows and this for light and slushy snows but most importantly back dragging in front of the garage doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts