Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just purchased my first garden tractor on the first of June, a Deere 318, made in 1990.
I'm ecstatic about the possibilities this little tractor has, but I, and my wife, are more concerned about the addiction it seems to have spawned. She calls it, "give a mouse a cookie..".
I now know what she means. As I have seen what this tractor can do without any implements or attachments, I'm wanting more and more.
Currently, I'm pushing to get him in solid, dependable mechanical shape, but that is only equaled by the urge to add the 3 point hitch, and a loader.
As I think about the loader, I realized that it will have limited abilities, and a large expense, and that thought alone led me to; you guessed it, the thought of a larger tractor!
So, I understand, "give a mouse a cookie" now.
I haven't even added a rear blade to this thing, and I'm already wishing for loaders, and back hoes, and counterweights, and tooth bars.
I fear she'll likely never give this mouse another cookie!馃槀馃槀

Registered
Welcome from New York.

Reactions: Jmlail

Premium Member
Welcome from Central New York, congrats on the 318

Registered
Congrats on the new family addition from Wisconsin. My wife has had similar statements until she found out how much SHE can get from the addition of, not only the tractor, but the attachments needed for the job. How about getting a list from her of things she'd like done???;):whistle:

Premium Member
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

Registered
Welcome from Central New York! Sounds like you've got the fever. I'm not a real doctor, but I've heard that the only cure is to spend ridiculous amounts of money. The therapy provided is priceless.

Premium Member
Congratulations on the new ride

Premium Member
Reactions: Poppi

Registered
Welcome from central Ohio
Welcome.gif

That's a nice looking old tractor.

Super Moderator
Welcome to GTT

Registered
They are addicting - I have plenty of friends who say "get a zero turn, much easier and faster". I just don't care, I like my old 316 and if it takes me longer, then I just get to be on it longer.

Registered
I LOVED my 318.
This is a very well engineered tractor that will serve you well.
I did a LOT with mine over 14 years.

When I got it:2005

When I sold it: 2019

Ready to work...

Reactions: Poppi and Jmlail
1 - 16 of 16 Posts