Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Deere 1-Series 6" Step

KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is proud to introduce an add-on step for the John Deere 1-Series tractors equipped with the H120, D120 or 120R Front End Loaders. This step will mount to the left side of the tractor, and reduce the step up onto the machine by 6 full inches. This step can be left on with or without the Mid Mount Mower or Backhoe attached, and also offers a completely OEM look and a non-skid stepping surface for safety. 100% Made in the USA from the finest materials available.

Specifications:
• JD Green Powder Coat finish matches OEM color
• Large 4-1/2" x 4" non-slip step area
• Mounts to the left side of machines with the H120, D120 or 120R loaders.
• Reduces first step height to about 14" from 20"
• Installs in 30 minutes or less!
• Simple installation with a 24mm socket, breaker bar, thread locker, and a torque wrench (suggested) capable of 223 ft/lbs.
• No interference with other accessories or implements
• No permanent modifications to the tractor
• Made in the USA
Not compatible with machines with Cabs, model in development now for those.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Step

Ken,

Do we have to purchase new bolts or do you supply the bolts or are they long enough already? They look like they will help us older people a lot.

Dennis

·
Registered
307 Posts
Who is this guy? Looks like another HOME RUN! Glad he is on our team. Very nice job Ken.. Yet another product that is really needed,which Mother Deer forgot. :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ken,

Do we have to purchase new bolts or do you supply the bolts or are they long enough already? They look like they will help us older people a lot.

Dennis
Longer bolts are NOT needed. The video and instructions explain this Dennis.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Youtube suggested the video to me.

Any chance of getting a right side one made too? I have trouble with the mower being in the way so buying the step is a no-brainer, but it'd be nice to be able to use both sides. We've got steep enough hills here that getting off and especially off the low side of the tractor is a bad idea.

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Any chance of getting a right side one made too? I have trouble with the mower being in the way so buying the step is a no-brainer, but it'd be nice to be able to use both sides. We've got steep enough hills here that getting off and especially off the low side of the tractor is a bad idea.
There are no plans for a right side step, I'd suspect it would be a very slow seller as most use the left side for ingress/egress.

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please note the edit I made above that I forgot to include in the first post:

Not compatible with machines with Cabs, model in development now for those.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Whoo Hoo the wait is over! Good way to start 2019 off! Placed my order and a pressure gauge as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mauser Cab

Longer bolts are NOT needed. The video and instructions explain this Dennis.
Like the other items I've gotten from you, this is something I'd like for my 1026R. When do you expect to have the one out for those of use with the Mauser cab? My 70 year old knees can use all the help I can get to make that climb onto the foot platform. Thank you for your improvements.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like the other items I've gotten from you, this is something I'd like for my 1026R. When do you expect to have the one out for those of use with the Mauser cab? My 70 year old knees can use all the help I can get to make that climb onto the foot platform. Thank you for your improvements.
We are working on a few designs now, and have to send them to a few select people to test. Not having a machine to directly prototype on slows the process down considerably.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Looks great!! Since I don't have a fel on my 1025r I can see I spend some time looking in bone yards for a loader mount. I found a used ROPS top piece for my 2018 that I shortened so now just find a loader mast.

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great!! Since I don't have a fel on my 1025r I can see I spend some time looking in bone yards for a loader mount. I found a used ROPS top piece for my 2018 that I shortened so now just find a loader mast.
Thanks DB.
We knew this design wouldn't work for a 100% of the 1-series out in the market, but we figured that about 90-95% of them are sold with loaders so we stuck with it. We just couldn't come up with a under-the-floorboard design that met all the criteria we strived for including strength, MMM compatibility, ease of installation without modifications to the tractor, OEM looks, and finally price.

FYI here are the parts that would be needed:

Mounting Frames
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
1W53992Frame2 (Just 1)
2W54389Frame2 (Zero needed)
3W54412Bolt12 (Just 6)
424M7053Washer18 (Just 9)17 X 30 X 3 mm
519M8485Cap Screw6 (Just 3)M16 X 90 (40 or 50mm will work since there is no upright)
614M7276Nut12 (Just 6)M16

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Huh, interesting. I'm surprised at that. Even on level ground my wife and I use each side about equally. I guess we're weirder than we knew.
Well, y'all aren't the only weirdos then! I use both sides equally. Just depends which side is closer to where I want to go. Or which is the uphill side at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Any chance of getting a right side one made too?
Huh, interesting. I'm surprised at that. Even on level ground my wife and I use each side about equally. I guess we're weirder than we knew.
Well, y'all aren't the only weirdos then! I use both sides equally. Just depends which side is closer to where I want to go. Or which is the uphill side at the moment.

I just thought of an issue with a RH step, the hydraulics are in the way so a different design would be needed.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts