Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just thought of an issue with a RH step, the hydraulics are in the way so a different design would be needed.
Great point! I had not actually looked at it but this is clearly why you are so excellent at developing these great products for our tractors!

Thanks Kenny!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Probably have another here that'd be interested in RH step. Hubby has more problems with his left knee than right, so he usually mounts from the RH side. No MMM here. See what you mean about the hydraulics though. He wants to test mounting from the LH side before ordering. A grab bar might make the difference. Like others, he's been grabbing the steering wheel. Know we teased about it earlier, but is it a real possibility for you this year?

·
Premium Member
12,166 Posts
Probably have another here that'd be interested in RH step. Hubby has more problems with his left knee than right, so he usually mounts from the RH side. No MMM here. See what you mean about the hydraulics though. He wants to test mounting from the LH side before ordering. A grab bar might make the difference. Like others, he's been grabbing the steering wheel. Know we teased about it earlier, but is it a real possibility for you this year?
I have problems with my left knee as well and with a center mounted step I always first put my right foot on the step and then it is easy to continue to step on the operator's platform with my left foot and then move my right foot on over to the right side and then sit down.

But with the step mounted forward of the platform I can see where this technique wouldn't work very easily.

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi All
One of the problems getting on and off on the right hand side of the tractor is the SCV handle it gets in the way. As most of you know my 1025R is fitted with an Australian made aftermarket FEL and 4 in 1 bucket ( I bang on about it often enough). When it was fitted a 3rd action valve was fitted, a new SCV handle was fitted as the button for third action valve is in the top of the handle. See below. This new handle is straight and allows easy entrance to and exit from the workstation on the right hand side. The handle is easy to use especially in conjunction with a steering wheel spinner handle, as you can rest your arm on the arm rest while using it.:good2:
Regards John

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the fast shipping got it yesterday! Just had to wait for today so I could get some of the other supplies to install.

2AC6082A-7B41-4492-9201-F190138FA20D.jpeg

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Customer Feedback

Ken,

While I was on the computer looking for the tracking info, the postman came to the door with the step, sling, and couplings. Took me about 15 minutes, most of it waiting for the brake cleaner to evaporate, to install the step. It is incredible! I’ve been watching the homemade solutions out there and just didn’t see what I thought was adequate, your step is perfect. I used the tractor after installation and mounted and dismounted several times without my knees hurting— first time for that!! It was a pleasure to work this afternoon.

Thanks again!
Kim

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks Diane (and of course Hubby) :good2:

That handle looks really nice too.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
The really nice Grab Bar

Installed the step and a grab bar inspired by a GTT post. Left hand on new bar, right hand on existing horizontal handle, step & up. REALLY HELPS! Hubby says "Wow!" Surprisingly the new grab bar not at all in the way.
:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif: Great job, Kenny.
Where did you scrounge up that really nice grab bar. :bigthumb: I rummaged thru my "scrounge box" and didn't find any suitable candidates nearly as nice as yours. :banghead: Chris V. I will be ordering a step from Ken on the 20th of this month. or as soon as he starts accepting back orders...hint, hint.

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Where did you scrounge up that really nice grab bar. :bigthumb: I rummaged thru my "scrounge box" and didn't find any suitable candidates nearly as nice as yours. :banghead: Chris V. I will be ordering a step from Ken on the 20th of this month. or as soon as he starts accepting back orders...hint, hint.

We will have our version of the handle available in about 2 weeks...Diane's handle was custom made just for her and hubby :hide:.

"Why don't you accept backorders?" is a common question...One reason is the backlog, we are getting so may orders now I couldn't imagine trying to ship out all the back orders when the steps come in on top of everything else. We process orders in the order we receive them and are saying about 24-36 hours behind, I don't want that to increase any more.

The other is the shipping, so a guys orders multiple things including a step (or whatever is not in stock), do you think he wants to wait for everything? Generally no, he wants the available items shipped ASAP, so who pays the second $13 shipping charge on the backordered item?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
My New 6" step is on the way.

Ken, Thank you for the new step . I am eagerly awaiting its arrival and also waiting for the apperance of the redesigned handle you discussed. I expect it all to be the same high quality as the springs that are under my seat of my JD 1025r and the steps on my 260 backhoe. They have proven to be very helpful as I work around my 2 acres. Its been a pleasure doing business with you and appreciated talking with you yesterday. Thanks again. Chris

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been vacillating on the step but finally decided to maybe get it when I saw they were sold out. You do a step/handle combo and I'll be the first to put an order in. List of your stuff in my sig, and worth every penny.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ken's Step is a GREAT addition...I debated about it due to it not "looking" like there wasn't that much difference in "elevation'....but believe me...it makes a ton of difference!! I hadn't realized I was pulling my old "Butt" up on the tractor...after the 5 minutes it took to install..and I tried it out....What a Difference this step makes...." Kenny, HIT another Home Run.....

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Its been more than 2 weeks.......inquiring minds want to know if your calendar is broken. :hide:
They are at the local Line-X place now getting coated, their schedule and ours didn't quite agree...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Happy, Happy

I am getting tired of saying, “Now why didn’t THINK of that”. On Sat. Afternoon my Ken’s care package arrived. Did the side step install today and yet again I am totally pleased. What a total difference in the mount and dismount process. On Sat. Morning I did a driveway with loader, box blade job at my sons. Lots of on and off the tractor. Yes I did slip off of the loader mount casting with a muddy boot. Even with hanging on I did plant the foot hard into the ground , ouch! Old legs don’t like that. This step eliminates this and allows easy on and off. Thank you again Ken for doing the THINKING and DOING .

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Installed step today, going to help my old knees a lot.

Ken,

Do we have to purchase new bolts or do you supply the bolts or are they long enough already? They look like they will help us older people a lot.

Dennis
Step works great, but I am worried about the loss of bolt length.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts