1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I saw something similar on an episode of dirty jobs years ago. They used to pull a drag over a baseball field.

·
Premium Member
4,584 Posts
Our Lions Club shares one of these with the high school. If it is in good shape he is not out of line on the price. For ball fields it is idea. Back drag picks up and down with an actuator, there is a tine or cultivator type devise under the middle to rough it up if needed and the front blade to fill in the holes around the bags or batter box. It turns on a dime, sips fuel and always starts right up.

I didn’t know the milk crate basket on the back was standard though. I thought someone added it to ours before we got it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
It as amazing the amount of specialized equipment Deer builds. But there is a market for them so they keep cranking them out. It is like Orchard and vineyard tractors.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Is this really a Gator or akin to a lawn tractor?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
These rakes are specialty turf construction/maintenance items primarily used by golf courses and some sports fields The Deere unit is part of a line that runs up to the Pro-Gator 1900 utility vehicle, so the confusion with Gators in general is not a surprise. Other machine vendors make similar functions -- The Toro rake is much less robust and appears to be based on a zero-turn chassis as seen here:
Toro | Bunker Rakes, Sand Pro

The golf course where our house is on the 18th fairway allowed us to observe all the early morning/late night work that goes into grooming the links for daily play...pretty interesting and seems to be a constant year round progression of tasks (except when the snow gets deep. :) ) The course here has lots of Deere turf Gators and a few Pro Gators, the rakes, and some rather specialized top dressers which are both Deere and Toto based.

I once had and old Toto Workman 3200 which was similar to the Pro Gator that I fixed up after buying it heavily used from another course when I lived in Oregon. This class of machine has a 3 cylinder mid-mount water cooled Mitsubishi engine and a 2000 lb lift bed of generous proportion, dual range final drive, power steering and hydraulic brakes all around. Mine was not the 4WD version, nor did it have the optional rear PTO...

front quarter view.jpg bed raised.jpg

Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts