Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I am looking to sell a john deere 140 with a 33 tiller..
Theree is also a sickle bar
And a 42 or 48 " mower deck that could go with it.

Location is chilton or manitowoc wi

I am not sure of prices, so if others would chime in upon a fair value that would be appreciated.

The tiller has very little use, the tines have been welded with a hard surface material so they will last longer.
The deck i believe is off of a 212, which should fit with adapter brackets which i have the info for
I would have to check the sickle bar for info

Please let me know if interested
Thank you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm pretty sure you will need to post some pics & more details before you're going to get much interest or help with value estimation. Also, don't take this as gospel but I've never heard of a mower deck from a 212 being able to fit a 140. To my understanding not only are the mounting arms different, but the drive pulleys are set up differently. The old garden tractors don't seem to be bringing as much interest or the prices that they used to not that long ago for some reason, but the 140 is a classic & that might help. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure you will need to post some pics & more details before you're going to get much interest or help with value estimation. Also, don't take this as gospel but I've never heard of a mower deck from a 212 being able to fit a 140. To my understanding not only are the mounting arms different, but the drive pulleys are set up differently. The old garden tractors don't seem to be bringing as much interest or the prices that they used to not that long ago for some reason, but the 140 is a classic & that might help. Good luck to you.
Thanks for the tips, i will try to get pics asap.

Here is a link as to how the deck fits

John Deere 212 Mower 48" Deck

Hope the link posted right.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Interesting. I've never seen that before. I guess anything can be done with some fab work. I never would have guessed it was that simple of a changeover. Learn something new every day. Lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts