Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actual and real photos attached.:laugh:

Picked it up in Pella Iowa. I was very happy with the condition. The legs are straight, everything is there.

Nice guy who had a little skid loader to help get it in the truck.:good2:

Now I just have to figure out how it adjusts. I also love buying things that have dirt stuck to the side under the bushings that get oiled. The wood handle is a little tough and I need to find a belt or string for the fan, a little research to do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
... I need to find a belt or string for the fan...
That's a great piece.

For the fan, you might try the large o-ring/seal in the lid of 5 gallon paint buckets. We had a different sheller, but the o-ring was the ticket.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's a great piece.

For the fan, you might try the large o-ring/seal in the lid of 5 gallon paint buckets. We had a different sheller, but the o-ring was the ticket.
Thanks for the tip on the belt.

Thank you. Do you know how to adjust it for smaller diameter ears like popcorn? My field corn it cleaned completely. Indian corn 97% but I think popcorn might be less.

There is a spring with an adjustment at the top spout. It appears to move the guide closer to a gear but doesn’t look like it moves closer to the toothed wheel face.

Reactions: PJR832 and rtgt

·
Registered
12,458 Posts
That's pretty slick, Herm.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,154 Posts
Nice find Herm. :good2::good2:

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Herm,

It looks like you need Cob Guard 6760C for small ears. If you search JD Parts for 1B you'll find the diagram and parts list, PC155.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Herm,

It looks like you need Cob Guard 6760C for small ears. If you search JD Parts for 1B you'll find the diagram and parts list, PC155.
You sir are quite helpful. Thank you. From the description I would say you are 100% correct. I will have to look and hopefully Someone had the foresight back in the day to make that easy to change out.:good2:

Is at least I know what part changes for this. I am sure it won’t be too hard to find a special optional part for it.

Now it appears google will be sending me ads for earbuds and things for small ears.:laugh:

Reactions: DRobinson and rtgt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts