Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share these two comparisons. Of course it is the Deere point of view, but that's the Kool-Aid I drink!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Well, Deere points out a few things that aren't necessarily 100% correct. One must dismount to remove and attach the MMM. While it is simple, it is not all done from the operator's station. While the loader will self park, once again one must dismount to remove or install the hydraulic lines.

Look at the difference in 3pt lift capacity on that Mahindra. I don't know that I would want 1500 lbs hanging off the back of a 1500 lb tractor.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Well, Deere points out a few things that aren't necessarily 100% correct. One must dismount to remove and attach the MMM.
I must point out that in that PDF Deere does not say anything about removing the mower deck, just "attaching" the mower deck which is totally correct. A little slick Madison Ave. "puffing" there!:laugh:

I never got the chance to try machines other than Kubota, but I can say from my seat print's point of view the ergonomics and ease of controls put the JD 1026r way out front. My lazy ol' right arm is always automatically resting right by a couple of hydraulic controls, no reaching. The Kubotas just feel... "wrong". Many years ago I ran an AC816 FEL/BH and it had that long stick FEL control like the Kubota. It now appears that it's a matter of design shortcut, locating the SCV valves closer to the pump rather than routing the lines a longer distance for easier use. The machine they replaced the AC with was a Deere 510, an entire world better for ease and comfort for "this" operator.

The rear tires on that Mahindra are interesting! More like a road grader than R4's... What is that tread pattern called?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I must point out that in that PDF Deere does not say anything about removing the mower deck, just "attaching" the mower deck which is totally correct. A little slick Madison Ave. "puffing" there!:laugh:
I guess it is all in how you look at it but part of attaching the deck requires setting the anti-scalp rollers, I guess one would could bend over to set the height but I'd be worried about falling over :lol:

·
Registered
709 Posts
If you used you're JD cup holder as it was intended, you would not be worried about falling over.
:drinks:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
This ones Deere sided but I've seen a video online from a Kubota dealer that bashes the 1 series pretty good. There is also a video from a Mahindra dealer that bashes Kubota. I'll post the links if I can find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
This ones Deere sided but I've seen a video online from a Kubota dealer that bashes the 1 series pretty good. There is also a video from a Mahindra dealer that bashes Kubota. I'll post the links if I can find them.

Isn't the Mahindra a larger tractor ? the Kubota BX and JD 1xxx are in the same class. The Mahindra Max seems more like the 2320 to me.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Here's the two videos I mentioned.

Here's the Kubota one comparing the Kubota BX to the John Deere 1 series.
Kubota BX-Series vs John Deere 1-Series Competitive Comparison - YouTube

Here's the Mahindra dealer responding to Kubota bashing the Mahindra.
The Mahindra Max Advantage - No more BX - YouTube

Take each one with a grain of salt. My favorite part? Kubota claiming that the shorter ROPS is a benefit for them.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Here's the Kubota one comparing the Kubota BX to the John Deere 1 series.
Kubota BX-Series vs John Deere 1-Series Competitive Comparison - YouTube

Here's the Mahindra dealer responding to Kubota bashing the Mahindra.
The Mahindra Max Advantage - No more BX - YouTube

Take each one with a grain of salt. My favorite part? Kubota claiming that the shorter ROPS is a benefit for them.
Did you notice Kubota made sure ,they showed the floppy hood of our JD at least 2 times maybe 3. Oh well I'll still keep my JD and we only have a 5.5 gal compared to 6. something .

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
They are salesmen. One step away from congressional stupid.

The people that run the companies are promoted salesmen...

Just keep drinking the kool aide, what ever color you like.

The government will be here soon to help.

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
Did you notice Kubota made sure ,they showed the floppy hood of our JD at least 2 times maybe 3. Oh well I'll still keep my JD and we only have a 5.5 gal compared to 6. something .
At least it was just the floppy hood. Just think about the field day they would have had if they got ahold of the floppy bucket!

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
At least it was just the floppy hood. Just think about the field day they would have had if they got ahold of the floppy bucket!
Forgot about that , and yes mine had the floppy bucket , that would have been bad !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Forgot about that , and yes mine had the floppy bucket , that would have been bad !!!!!!!!!!!!
Gene,

Yes, JD dodged a bullet. They fixed the Floppy Bucket Syndrome in the nick of time ... and saved face.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
They fixed the Floppy Bucket Syndrome in the nick of time ... and saved face.
Mine is only a few months old, it has FBS big time, but no DBS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts