Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
One of the hoses serves as a return. On your FEL control valve it should be the hose on RH side of valve farthest from tractor. 3 pt control valve & scv are 2 different/separate controls.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
So weird question, it doesn’t appear to have a return line, one line come from the quick connect to the loader valve, the other line goes to the other valve for the rear quick connects, which raises the 3point currently, but I don’t see any lines that would return fluid back into the system.
Are you saying the two lines from the rear breakaway coupler has one going to the loader valve and the other to the valve to the right of the loader valve?
The valve that raises the 3 pt (rockshaft) is internal and has no external lines. There is an internal passage from the PCV (Pressure Control valve) to the rockshaft valve.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes, one line goes into the first added valve for the loader and then into the single valve and then back into the quick connect.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
If single spool valve has an adjustable relief valve it also needs to be adjusted to 2400 psi or fully closed.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Yes, one line goes into the first added valve for the loader and then into the single valve and then back into the quick connect.
Closed center hydraulics should NOT have valves in series like that.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Closed center hydraulics should NOT have valves in series like that.
Zebrafive
I agree but after more thought in this situation if dual spool valve was configured for open center & single spool valve had closed center plug installed would be similar to other control closed center valves that are sandwiched together similar to valve on 300B in photo below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Zebrafive
I agree but after more thought in this situation if dual spool valve was configured for open center & single spool valve had closed center plug installed would be similar to other control closed center valves that are sandwiched together similar to valve on 300B in photo below.
So, if I understand correctly, open center valves can be in closed center system, IF IN Series AND the last valve is closed center?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I think that is correct BUT I never attempted utilizing an open center valve with no 3rd PBY hose on double spool valve on a closed center system in that manner but I see no reason it won't work if relief valve is set at 2400+ psi

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Any Recommendations for a replacement for part #T34079 coupler to go into filter housing port?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Y1912C is the usual fitting that JD engineers utilized to attach hose to ported filter cover. Where did you locate the part # T34079? If my parts research is correct the o-ring boss male end of T34079 is too small(3/4'') to fit orifice(1-1/16'') in ported filter cover.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Zebrafive
I am thinking those are in parallel to work, none being open center, in a closed center system. probably internal ports to inter connect.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Y1912C is the usual fitting that JD engineers utilized to attach hose to ported filter cover. Where did you locate the part # T34079? If my parts research is correct the o-ring boss male end of T34079 is too small(3/4'') to fit orifice(1-1/16'') in ported filter cover.
I have an extra ported cover. I'll check the thread size (I can't remember if it has a fitting or is "bare"). It's at the farm 6 miles away.
I am ASSUMING you will be using 08 JIC female swivel on your hose end.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
TxJim, dash 12 (-12) ORB (nominal size 3/4) has 1 1/16"-12 threads.
From the O-ring used P/N F3171R the filter cover end of R36075 is -12 (3/4") ORB. I ASSUME the other end is -08 (1/2") JIC male. I used to be able to confirm specs on JD parts, but not anymore :mad:🤬
I am thinking a 08 male JIC to 12 male ORB fitting will work
JICORBfitting.JPG

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Alright gentlemen, update, I have removed the single lever valve completely, replumbed the loader as you suggested with the new tee C19281. Replaced the bowl on filter with ported bowel and plumbed the return into that.
NOW, the loader is still very slow, doesn’t haveenough power to lift the front of the tractor off the ground.
Also, the 3point will not work off the 3point lever, it will drop it but not raise it. If I have the 3point lever in the raise position and then use the loader lever in raise position, it raises the 3 point, then when the 3-point lever is in the drop position, the loader will raise.... getting to my wits end here!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Have patience you & GTT members are going to solve your tractors hyd problem.

Now since you've removed single spool valve disconnect out(return) hose of FEL control valve from tractor. Aim open end of hose in hyd filler hole behind seat with both FEL valve levers in neutral start engine & no oil should exit open hose.
Are you 100% sure you have in & out ports of FEL valve identified & attached correctly to tractor????

I also have concerns that the FEL valve relief valve isn't set for high enough pressure but the test I mentioned above will help determine that.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
On the loader valve the inboard (closest to tractor is the inlet port. The out side one is the outlet port.
It looks like the inlet hose is a new hose, and the outlet hose is an old hose.
From what I see in his picture, it looks like it's connected correctly.

I am not sure if he checked the relief valve on the loader valve or the single valve? :unsure:

Filter cover looks like it might be made of aluminum? Not that it matters.

Waiting the results of the test you asked for. I am not see an extra port that an open center valve would have, but it could be out of the picture? If it has one.

I am also wondering if the rear SCV is still "out of neutral" it was set (detent?) to flow all the time when the loader was plumbed to it.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts