Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ok, I tried disconnecting the return line from the filter housing and running into the filler cap, didn’t really see anything coming out except all the hydraulic fluid out of the port on the filter housing....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
It look like on the inside of that valve there is an Allen screw and a check ball, should I close that down all the way?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Sorry I forgot to state that you needed to put a plug in orifice on hyd filter cover after removing hose!!

If no oil comes out of open return hose when hose is disconnected & engine is operating then relief valve is not an issue or problem.

Does 3 pt operate correctly with FEL valve disconnected from tractor???

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I am also wondering if the rear SCV is still "out of neutral" it was set (detent?) to flow all the time when the loader was plumbed to it.
Removing scv supply line,install CAP on pressure orifice & operating engine would be another hyd diagnostic test that could be performed OR disconnected scv return oil hose then operating engine to determine if oil exits open return oil orifice. Technically with nothing attached to scv breakaway couplers of scv if scv was activated pressure should stop at breakaway coupler UNLESS scv is leaking internally

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Removing scv supply line,install CAP on pressure orifice & operating engine would be another hyd diagnostic test that could be performed OR disconnected scv return oil hose then operating engine to determine if oil exits open return oil orifice. Technically with nothing attached to scv breakaway couplers of scv if scv was activated pressure should stop at breakaway coupler UNLESS scv is leaking internally
Leaking internally was my only thought too for it to be the problem.

I am thinking the problem is the rockshaft valve.
Maybe disconnect the pump output (front steel line) at the "cross" (C19281), replaced a TEE, that goes to rockshaft, loader and rear SCV and connect the loader input to it. This would take the rockshaft and rear SCV out of the equation.
2020connect.JPG

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Zebrafive
Ditto I think that's a very good diagnostics idea. It also would be a good diagnostic idea to remove SCV return hose 1st to check for internal scv valve leakage.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
OFF TOPIC :whistle: ;) Your left brake line is hanging where it can be snagged easily.

There should be two clamps retaining it. One on the bottom of the transmission (red) and one on the left side of the transmission (blue). The one circled in blue is actually at different spot than JD parts shows.
2020leftbrakeline.JPG
2020brakeline.JPG

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Zebrafive
Ditto I think that's a very good diagnostics idea. It also would be a good diagnostic idea to remove SCV return hose 1st to check for internal scv valve leakage.
Yes, easy first test. It would just required a cap. IIRC a JIC -08 cap.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
OFF TOPIC :whistle: ;) Your left brake line is hanging where it can be snagged easily.

There should be two clamps retaining it. One on the bottom of the transmission (red) and one on the left side of the transmission (blue). The one circled in blue is actually at different spot than JD parts shows. View attachment 784381 View attachment 784382
I noticed that to, will have to get attached for sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Maybe disconnect the pump output (front steel line) at the "cross" (C19281), replaced a TEE, that goes to rockshaft, loader and rear SCV and connect the loader input to it. This would take the rockshaft and rear SCV out of the equation. View attachment 784376
Where does the other part of the tee go to? The side that screws into the tractor and not the other steel line?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Removing scv supply line,install CAP on pressure orifice & operating engine would be another hyd diagnostic test that could be performed OR disconnected scv return oil hose then operating engine to determine if oil exits open return oil orifice. Technically with nothing attached to scv breakaway couplers of scv if scv was activated
pressure should stop at breakaway coupler UNLESS scv is leaking internally
If SCV was leaking internally, would I see fluid coming into rockshaft through the oil line that goes from SCV into rockshaft housing?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
It's a very good possibility if scv is leaking internally that moving oil could be seen when looking into open hyd filler hole behind the seat

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Where does the other part of the tee go to? The side that screws into the tractor and not the other steel line?
To the rockshaft valve, internal passage.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
It's a very good possibility if scv is leaking internally that moving oil could be seen when looking into open hyd filler hole behind the seat
Here is drawing of the return from the SCV. A short hose on the left side of the ECV to tractor sump.
2020SCVreturn.JPG

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Loosening the 2 bolts that hold scv bracket to axle housing will make short hose easier to remove.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Here is drawing of the return from the SCV. A short hose on the left side of the ECV to tractor sump. View attachment 784389
On the loader valve the inboard (closest to tractor is the inlet port. The out side one is the outlet port.
It looks like the inlet hose is a new hose, and the outlet hose is an old hose.
From what I see in his picture, it looks like it's connected correctly.

I am not sure if he checked the relief valve on the loader valve or the single valve? :unsure:

Filter cover looks like it might be made of aluminum? Not that it matters.

Waiting the results of the test you asked for. I am not see an extra port that an open center valve would have, but it could be out of the picture? If it has one.

I am also wondering if the rear SCV is still "out of neutral" it was set (detent?) to flow all the time when the loader was plumbed to it.
Should I loosen the two bolts and the SCV and try and move it back to closed to position, or neutral?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

Maybe disconnect the pump output (front steel line) at the "cross" (C19281), replaced a TEE, that goes to rockshaft, loader and rear SCV and connect the loader input to it. This would take the rockshaft and rear SCV out of the equation. View attachment 784376
Which rockshaft valve? I replaced the seals on the two valves on the back side of the rockshaft cylinder which stopped the leak/ fluid moving I saw inside the rockshaft cover.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
That is the SCV return to sump hose. By knowing where it is, you might be able to tell (looking in sump fill cap hole) if it's leaking oil to sump?
I was not saying to remove this hose, only look in the sump for flow.
Easier than removing this hose would be the plug on the outside of the SCV where hose to filter cover would connect if you had that option (used when two rear SCVs are used to operate a loader) When this hose is used, plugs, key 2 are put in place of hose from SCV to trans sump.
2030filterreturnkit.JPG

41 - 60 of 105 Posts