Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Should I loosen the two bolts and the SCV and try and move it back to closed to position, or neutral?
Yes, no reason to have it out of center/neutral. I assumed you did this when you disconnected the loader from the rear breakaway couplers.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Which rockshaft valve? I replaced the seals on the two valves on the back side of the rockshaft cylinder which stopped the leak/ fluid moving I saw inside the rockshaft cover.
It internal at the rear of the rockshaft cylinder.
Did loader slow/lose power after this was done?

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Sorry I forgot to state that you needed to put a plug in orifice on hyd filter cover after removing hose!!

If no oil comes out of open return hose when hose is disconnected & engine is operating then relief valve is not an issue or problem.

Does 3 pt operate correctly with FEL valve disconnected from tractor???
Have you tried the 3 pt WITHOUT the loader connected, as TxJim asked?
Either remove the hose to the loader valve and cap the "cross" C19281, remove the cross and put the old Tee back in. Do not reconnect the loader at this time, only test the 3 pt operation without the loader plumbed in.

NOTE: We are interchanging 3 pt for rockshaft, both are the same thing.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Ok, I tried disconnecting the return line from the filter housing and running into the filler cap, didn’t really see anything coming out except all the hydraulic fluid out of the port on the filter housing....
You should do this test again with the filter cover port plugged. We really need to know if there is flow from the loader valve return hose with the loader valve NOT being operated.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
You should do this test again with the filter cover port plugged. We really need to know if there is flow from the loader valve return hose with the loader valve NOT being operated.
I wholeheartedly agree to perform the test again with ported filter cover opening plugged

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Ok, I got some adapters to hook up the FEL supply line into the main steel line. The return line into the fill hole, definitely lots of fluid flowing out of it while everything is in neutral position. SO.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I closed that valve all the in like you suggested the other day, the fluid was flowing steady with that screwed all the way in.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
OK we're(you) are making progress! We need to see a photo of RH side of FEL valve where return hose attaches to determine if valve body has a open or closed center conversion plug

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I disconnected the FEL all together, and the 3point/ rockshaft works just fine, like it should. I don’t see any fluid moving of coming from the hose into the rockshaft either.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
From viewing your last photo I see no orifice for a closed center conversion plug. Your only good option is to exchange present 2 spool control valve for a dedicated closed center valve or a 2 spool valve that will accept & have a closed center conversion plug(see photo below) with correct CC conversion plug seals similar to valve below. After installing a 2 spool control valve for closed center hyd system your tractors 3pt/rockshaft & FEL should operate as designed.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
From viewing your last photo I see no orifice for a closed center conversion plug. Your only good option is to exchange present 2 spool control valve for a dedicated closed center valve or a 2 spool valve that will accept & have a closed center conversion plug(see photo below) with correct CC conversion plug seals similar to valve below. After installing a 2 spool control valve for closed center hyd system your tractors 3pt/rockshaft & FEL should operate as designed.
How many gallons per minute do I need to get on the valve?

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
How many gallons per minute do I need to get on the valve?
10gpm
Decide if you want float for the boom and regen for the bucket.
Make sure to get closed center, or conversions parts for closed center

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Ok, I got some adapters to hook up the FEL supply line into the main steel line. The return line into the fill hole, definitely lots of fluid flowing out of it while everything is in neutral position. SO.....
Either you have an open center valve, or badly leaking (internally) closed center valve. Time to replace it it.
My GUESS why it even worked, is having the return going through the single spool valve and then through the rear SCV was enough restrictions for your 3pt to work?

Reactions: Tx Jim

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I agree. Lanefird can you please [pst a similar photo of the RH side(outlet) of your single spool valve? I also am curious if it is an OC or CC valve? Or you could blow compressed air into "in port" on single spool valve with control lever in neutral & report if air travels through valve to "out port" or if air stops at valve & doesn't travel through valve. I think a closed center 10 gpm 2 spool valve will be fine for FEL operation

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
TxJim, if the single spool valve that he removed was closed center, how would the loader valve operate? It would be as if the return from the loader valve was capped, or a dead end.
The loader valve was in series with the single spool valve, then returned to the rear SCV.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
My reasoning is if 2 spool valve was configured as it appears in OP's photo for open center operation then single spool valve configured for closed center would be the same as closed center valves sandwiched together similar to photo below.
Zebrafive
You bring up a very good question & the more I think about it the more confusing it gets. I see what your stating about single spool CC valve when spool is in neutral position blocking dual spool valve return oil!!!!!
I'll bet single spool valve is open center also.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Either you have an open center valve, or badly leaking (internally) closed center valve. Time to replace it it.
My GUESS why it even worked, is having the return going through the single spool valve and then through the rear SCV was enough restrictions for your 3pt to work?
What’s weird is the loader worked pretty well for a few weeks also, I moved a lot of dirt and it seem to be fine, until it all quit all together....

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
My reasoning is if 2 spool valve was configured as it appears in OP's photo for open center operation then single spool valve configured for closed center would be the same as closed center valves sandwiched together similar to photo below.
Zebrafive
You bring up a very good question & the more I think about it the more confusing it gets. I see what your stating about single spool CC valve when spool is in neutral position blocking dual spool valve return oil!!!!!
I'll bet single spool valve is open center also.
I think you will find the sandwiched valves are in parallel (via internal passages) and not in series as it appears.

Reactions: Tx Jim
61 - 80 of 105 Posts