Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 212 John Deere. I recently bought a mower deck for it and I'm having some issues. The serial number of the deck starts M00673X, can anyone tell me if this is the correct deck for my 212

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Do you have a photo?

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
That looks like a 4 wheel model 47, which is what you want.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
The issue I'm having is it isn't lift the deck level front to back and the rear of the deck is hitting the rear tires when I lift it
Do you have the front draft plate?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have the front draft plate. I have tried two different ones and neither seem to make a difference

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
What size are your rear tires?
"Standard" tires for the 212 are 23x10.50-12. Maybe (??) you've got 24's or 26's? Bob

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Draft arms need to me adjusted to fit each deck, but there are 2 models, one for the 47, and another for 38/39 decks and they aren’t interchangeable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tires are stock size. After some parts swapping between the 2 212s i have i figured out the draft plate is the wrong one. The one I have the rods are longer and must be for a different deck. Thank you for all of your help!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I posted these some time ago but may be of interest to you now. This draft plate was set up on a 212 with the 46" cut, model 47 type deck. Pretty hard to read that dimension, but if blown up it is 11 1/2" center to center. That will vary a little for your tractor and deck. You can see very little extra threads protruding from the clevises. Notice one side is adjusted longer than the other. My tractor and deck required this to hook up easily.
This one would not reach far enough to fit a 38" 39 model type deck. Is the one you have longer than this one?

Wood Gas Tints and shades Rectangle Flooring

Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Line Tool

tommyhawk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

The one on the left is the one that works on my 212 with the 47 deck it measures about 12 1/4 to center. The one on the right is the one I bought that doesn't work. I have them screwed as far in as possible and it is about 13 1/2 to center

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
View attachment 783803
The one on the left is the one that works on my 212 with the 47 deck it measures about 12 1/4 to center. The one on the right is the one I bought that doesn't work. I have them screwed as far in as possible and it is about 13 1/2 to center
That probably fits the 38 and 39 decks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts