Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a John Deere 2130 manufactured 1977, it has recently been parked up for 2 months, when it was parked up the brakes were fine. I now find that the brake pedals go to the floor without any resistance, I have checked the oil level which was low and have topped it up, I have run the tractor at 2000 revs for approx 5 minutes to get the oil circulating and I still have no pedal, I have tried to bleed it but cannot get any fluid through the bleed nipples which are clear as I have had them out. Any help would be appreciated.
Jeff Tractor

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Trans pump supplies oil via a small hole in the clutch housing. That supply hole may be clogged. I suggest to remove plug(key 2 or 7) & check hyd oil level. If low add hyd oil & attempt bleeding process with engine idling.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks for your reply, I have studied the drawing and the valve numbers 2 to 7 on the top of the valve are not on mine, the only thing on the top of mine are what appear to be two holes with core plugs (blanking plugs) in, I cant see any other way of topping the valve up.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The blanking plugs that you're referring to are referred to as welsh or freeze plugs. They are designed to be driven into housing or some are struck in the center to expand their diameter. To remove drive a sharp object in the plug then pry plug out. After oil is added install a new plug. Some valve bodies have the screw in plugs but as you stated not all.
If you choose not to check oil level then you will need to diagnose why brake valve won't pump up. Granted there are 2 valves inside housing that have a long history of loosing their ability to properly seat causing brakes to not operate correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Thanks for your reply, dont really want to take the plugs out so will try and find another way but if all else fails I will have to try it, thanks again.
Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I removed the brake pedal valve this morning and your diagnosis was correct the hole from the gearbox to the valve was blocked, after cleaning out and reassembly I was able to bleed the brakes on the tractor successfully. Thank you for your help. Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts