Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this forum and thought I'd get some advice on building a winter cab for a my 2520. I live in northern Pennsylvania and we sometimes get quite abit of lake effect snow.

My goals are as follows: - build a cab that is completely removable from the tractor
- not alter the tractor by drilling any new holes or welding to it
- 2 doors and glass for good visibility

I made the jump and purchased a Miller 211 mig. I watched a few videos and after burning some wire, think I'm ready for the challenge.

My thoughts are to purchase a donor cab that is bigger than needed and cut it down. I found one on ebay for 200 dollars. wrong color and size but I like a challenge. cab hamburg 4.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The donor cab is too wide, too tall and too long. It was from a gravely front mower. My thoughts are to save the hardware, hinges, door handles, roof and frame. The glass is tempered so there is no saving it. I started by removing my rollbar and cutting up the donor cab. cab cuts.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Brewers that is awesome what you are doing! I am so jealous!:)

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Brewers that is awesome what you are doing! I am so jealous!:)
yeah me too:laugh:
:bigthumb: great pics--keep em coming -ok.:munch:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The most critical part will be the rear vertical Pillar. The ROPs leans forward about 10 degrees. I need a true 90 degree to make the doors swing properly. I want it to be removable, hold the weight of the doors and correct the angle of the rear rops. The donor cab has just the piece except for a fuel filler cut out. I hope t slice it up, cut some sheet metal and tack it together. I made it bolt to the bottom of the ROPS and sit on the mounting plate to carry weight. cab hamburg 4.jpg pillar unpainted.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I make no claim to being a welder I can make 2 pieces of into 1. Thats it. This is my 1st real project. Ground it down, put some body filler on it and primed it. The back of the pillar slides up under the top of the ROPs and the bottom attaches to the base. I also turns around the back side to enclose the rear window. Nice clean look. piller primed.jpg pillar side.jpg

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Looking good. Looks like fun. I’m following along.

Curious. You said you just found this forum but yet joined in 2013? How’s that work?

·
Super Moderator
7,909 Posts
Nice work and great documentation.

You're really going to town with this project! :good2:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Moving along nicely :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts