Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I don't think this is normal.

I have one of the valves on my backhoe that does not return to center when the lever is released. If I don't manually put it to center, my dipper stick moves just about the same speed as your "bleed down". You may want to check to see if you have the same problem with your valve. Is it just this hydraulic cylinder, or do the others bleed down this fast as well?

My backhoe was delivered that way. I don't think my dealer did a thorough job of checking it out before delivering it. I've already talked to them about warranty coverage.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Regretfully, abnormal. Especially for a dipper cylinder. Most likely piston seals, but could also be the valve.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine definitely leaks down, but it's slow enough you wouldn't be able to watch it like that. If I use the backhoe as ballast, I have to lift it up ever 45minutes or so it starts to droop... I use a ratchet strap for the outriggers when not in use or while in storage.

You have an issue there I believe.

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked it up from the dealer and installed everything myself. It's definitely an issue with the valves, cylinder, seals, whatever on the backhoe, and not the installation of the power beyond kit right?

Manufacturing defect? I bought it this spring, and I'm 99% sure it's been like this since day one.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I hope Kenny and some of the other hydraulic gurus will chime in on trouble shooting for you, but my hunch is that it relates to the backhoe seals and as you said NOT the power beyond system or your install.

Wish I could be more helpful other than to confirm your hunch that your setup has an issue.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
My bet is a bad cylinder, there have been quite a few reported if you search a bit. Get the dealer involved to get it replaced since it's under warranty. No the PB install would have nothing to do with that.

Reactions: Ray_PA

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had the same problem right out of the box. Mine was not quite so fast but you could watch it.

Dealer found a scored cylinder. Replaced it and no issues since then.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Agreed, most likely the dipper cylinder, but I would assure the valves are returning to center before making the final call.

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Ok thanks for the feedback everyone! Can I visually tell if it's a scored cylinder?
Only if you disassemble the cylinder.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I don't own the 260 backhoe but rented one a week ago. Not normal at all and I bet Kenny is spot on right. The rental I had was rode hard for 370 hours and none of the hydraulic cylinders leaked down over night. The outriggers didn't move but and inch overnight. I'd get the dealer involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just called and I'll be bringing it in this week!

Will be nice having this fixed... I couldn't even dig the packed clay out of the bucket with my shovel fast enough before it bled down and I had to raise the arm up again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts