Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a John Deere 2653B trim and surrounds reel mower. Recently we have run into a problem where it will not start. The starter doesn't crank and the hours display works intermittently. I started by checking that my starter motor was wired and operating correctly. I have checked a good portion of the wiring as well, although there is always the possibility that I missed something here. I am also getting a diagnostic code from the interlock module. The code I keep getting is the 5-3 code, which according to the manual indicates, "Fuel hold internal checking failure on circuit board or fuel hold output miswired to +12 volts". I have run the tests in the manual and have so far come up empty. Does anybody have any experience with this error code or have any more specific ideas of what may be causing this?

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
How old is it?

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
OK, thanks. After I asked the question I figured it really wasn't all that relative for what I was thinking. Now mind you, I have no clue how to trouble shoot your machine, but the first thing that comes to my mind is the battery. I have seen some really funky things with these machines that ended up being the battery. Have you checked it and know absolutely sure it is in good working condition?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts