Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a JD 300 Backhoe/Loader. It comes with zero information. I know the serial # is 2J2UIT-9. This is on a metal plate on the right-hand side of the tractor (as you sit working the loader/steering wheel). There are other numbers on the left-hand side. I believe they are R55840 R55860 L32611 I stopped by the AG-Pro JD Dealer and he wasn't able to provide any information. I am looking for any little tidbits, vintage, service manual, JD Industrial yellow paint code (it looks to be different than the yellow that typically accompanies the classic JD green). And any other thoughts you might have. I'll try to add some pics. THANKS!

Photos at...
Pin by Bill Edmonds on She thinks my tractors sexy :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theduke, I like you already. I recognize your Rooster Cogburn avatar (favorite line... "Why do they call him Lucky Ned Pepper..."), I travel to Oregon OFTEN (Clackamas) and you're a tractor guy!. I did run across the tractordata link but it's pretty thin on information. It does close the vintage period to 8 years but there's really no meat there. I wanna take this thing apart bring her back to a clean, honest 300. Let me know if you run across anything else and thanks for taking the time and caring. Appreciate it!

Bill

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm out by Hagg Lake...Forest Grove/Gaston ish....Dilly.

I'll see if I can find something else for you.

Was hoping you could at least get the year and what not off the tractor data site.

Cheers...& where you located..?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm out by Hagg Lake...Forest Grove/Gaston ish....Dilly.

I'll see if I can find something else for you.

Was hoping you could at least get the year and what not off the tractor data site.

Cheers...& where you located..?

I'm in Fair Play, South Carolina permanently and 12250 SE Capps Road when in Clackamas. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Welcome to GTT.
Yellow color on your 300 is different from the yellow paint on green tractor wheels. It's referred to as industrial yellow. I can't think pf a location online that has a JD industrial serial number list. As you can determine from Tractordata your tractor was manufactured from '65-'73. Does you tractors engine have a hyd pump attached to RH front? If so it is an earlier model(SN <045199) with open center power steering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts