Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have JD 300 with the Kohler K341. I think the engine is on its last leg. So I was thinking of swapping it out with a Kohler K321 that I have laying around. Will there be any issues with installing the K321 or will it bolt right up and be an easy swap? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
There are some block variations. Is it a Deere k321? The attached pic shows two different versions of the k series block. The block on the right is the original k301 block for my 312 and I would guess the 300 uses the same version with the mounts on the side of the block. I will need to adapt to make the other style work.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Right you are Travis. That style block was used in the 300, 312 and 314 at least. It was mounted to a steel cradle on either side and the cradle pieces bolted to rubber insulators.

In this picture you can see the insulators at the front of the tractor and the one near the pedestal.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Engine Auto part Car

The tractor is a 314 with a K321, slightly modified internally. No I will not make you a custom exhaust.:laugh:

Reactions: dd57chevy

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I happen to be swapping the gray new old stock version of the block without tabs into my 312 since the original block is way beyond spec. I need to grab the cradle and fab up some type of mounts for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.