Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the ones who helped me with my oil issue, finally got it right. The problem I have now is the tractor will not shift into park. When you think you have it in park and release clutch, the tractor engine cuts off. I can't go forward or in reverse. Anyone out there familiar with this problem and what should I do? Thanks

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
12,430 Posts
Have you check for wear at the shifting mechanism(quadrants)? Worn parts and improper adjustment can cause that.
Over time, most of the items in the image below will wear and need adjustment for proper shifting. There are a lot of moving parts here and without proper maintenance/replacement, can cause improper movement(or, the lack of) of the shifting forks and collars on at transmission shafts.

------------------------------

Also, lower shifter forks(20 & 21, image below) that slide collars(8, last image) on the pinion shaft, the rivets can loosen over time.

----------------------------------

When shifting to the PARK position, the two collars(8, image below) move and lock two gears of the pinion shaft, preventing the tractor from rolling in either direction. When rivets in shifter forks(20 & 21, upper image) become loose, the collars(8) will not move completely off the gear.

---------------

I'd begin by replacing worn parts in the shifting quadrants(top image) and making proper adjustment before digging deeper into the transmission.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Flyweight, great diagrams. The forks may be the problem, because although I have it in the parked position, it is still in a gear. I had to keep clutch in to move into shed with another tractor. Will check rivets in fork and other parts that seem to be worn out. Thanks again. gptractor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts