Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, sorry, another question on a new problem!

I've googled and searched on this but nothing really conclusive. Suffering from hydraulic chatter/vibration after a short period when the externals are in use. Though I've not pressure checked there's no shortage of hydraulic power or flow. Everything else is now working fine. The previous owner fitted her with a new pump. You can feel the vibration on the steel pipe leading back to the front. Now there is damage to one of the steel pipe's, the large one on the right side of the pump, its been creased over which I'm waiting for a replacement. Could this be the cause?

I have noticed with the endoscope that oil is coming from the external spool valve block via its return pipe into the transmission/top cover housing when there not engaged - which presumably means one of the barrels is leaking?

Video:

Really question is, idea's on where to start looking?

Her in use today:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You're correct there should be no oil returning to sump when all hyd control levers are in neutral. The rockshaft control valves(3 pt) have a long history of the seals failing allowing oil to flow into reservoir causing hyd cavitation. Has hyd filter been changed & trans oil screen be checked/cleaned lately?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're correct there should be no oil returning to sump when all hyd control levers are in neutral. The rockshaft control valves(3 pt) have a long history of the seals failing allowing oil to flow into reservoir causing hyd cavitation. Has hyd filter been changed & trans oil screen be checked/cleaned lately?
Thanks, I've not really used the arms to any extent, I set them mid way and closed of the return valve? screw when I hitched up. This afternoon I thought to experiment (worse idea possible), found the arms wouldn't really move in either direction with quadrant lever action. After much playing around got them to drop then eventually lift after a few attempts, but the height varies when the externals are turned on and with different engine RPM...

The previous owner changed the oil and checked filters etc when he installed the reconditioned tranny pump and new front pump but I think I'll have to check them.

If I lift the top cover, are there any other o-rings I should be changing (or other work etc) whilst I have access? Hoping just to jack the rear of cab up to get clearance to lift the cover clear.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
With engine running,3 pt raised look in hyd oil filler hole behind seat for moving oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts