Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am in the market for a used JD 3033r. I have a couple questions regarding the loader joystick before I pull the trigger on any tractors. I have looked thru what must have been 20 forums on here before posting this because I did not find an exact answer to my question. I have seen most tractors that are on the used market today do not have the grey buttons on the loader joystick. I will be using it for a grapple and a snow plow during the winter months.

Now, here is where I have gotten mixed-ish answers. Does the up/down buttons function go to the 3rd SCV in the rear that are plumbed up to the FEL and move the plow left or right? I have a hard time understanding what would need to be done if the tractor did not have the grey buttons or the 3rd SCV in the rear of the tractor. Would my dealer add the extra SCV, plumb it, and add a grey buttoned joystick? What would need to be done (if tractor did not come with 3rd SCV/joystick with grey buttons) to make it open/close grapple with the up and down function of grey buttons.

Sorry if this is confusing. Please let me know if I can clarify anything. I am pretty new to the tractor world and having a hard time understanding what would need to be done. Thanks in advance!! Also, attached is the joystick I am referring to. Thanks all

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes the gray buttons on the joy stick control the rear electric SCV on the tractor. To be able to control a grapple or front mounted implement from the rear SCV than you need the hydraulic loader lines that run from the rear SCV to the from of the loader. That is kit BW16138. If a used tractor you buy doesn't have the rear electric SCV, (gray buttons on the loader,) than I believe BLV10649, (just found on a quick search so you may want to double check that,) is the kit your dealer or you would need to install. It runs about $1600 according to JD, so it may be more cost effective to buy a tractor with it already installed.

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thank you very much. I looked up the part numbers you described. I did not see a new joystick or the grey button in the package. Let's just say since 95% of used 3033r tractors do not have the 3rd function control on the loader joystick, that I will have to have my dealer install it. How will I be able to accomplish getting the controls in the joystick? I believe that 1 of two things need to happen. I buy the package and a new joystick with the grey buttons installed already. Or the dealer will somehow make the grey buttons out of the original joystick. I am in love with the functionality of the buttons being in the joystick. But yes, it would be extremely nice if the used tractor already had the 3rd SCV and loader joystick (grey buttons) already installed. Just wanting to know what I need to do if it isn't installed. Because chances are that they will not be. Thank you for all your help so far.

·
Administrator
18,782 Posts
The 3rd SCV Kit should include the handle and the switch harness to actuate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts