Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks

looking for some help here.. the PTO?belt which runs from the engine down through the mule drive and onto the top pulley on a 38inch deck just shreded. The JD dealers here say the belt is no longer available. Does anyone know where I could source a new belt? The dealer said I have to look for a v-belt that is .559 wide by 108 long.. Is this correct? Is there another JD belt that would work? Like a M136927?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your belt should be a M71729 which is still available... It has the following specifications (not sure where your 108 inch length came from -- this part number is from the PC1957 for the 38 deck...)
  • 110.787-inch effective length
  • 0.559-inch width

Here is an on-line source:

Chuck
Thanks .. this is great info . Dealer gave me the 108 length but maybe that was for the 318??? Had 2 dealers here say the belt was unavailable but I’ll try with this part number.. Thanks again

·
Registered
345 Posts
I’m thinking you should consider a different parts guy!

Reactions: Dragon Acres

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
M71730 primary belt for a 38" mower on a 322 tractor.

Specs: 1/2" x 108".
Yes thanks .. I was just looking a little further into it and it seems the m71729 is for the 316,318 and m71730 is for the 322,330,332
Wish it was the opposite because the m71730 is even more $$ than the M71729.. oh well
Thanks

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Dragon,

Flyweight is right -- the 322 and 332 use a slightly shorter belt because the crankshaft mounts lower in the frame ( in-line 3 cylinder engine as compared to the opposed twin of the Onan in the 318...) Sorry for the confusion and wrong part number in my earlier post.

Chuck

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you haven't gotten a belt and have the old one to measure the O.D. or you have good specs on the belts length and width, this may be a cheaper and possibly faster option D&D PowerDrive 4H1080 Aramid V Belt - Off Road Belts LLC . I have had good luck with this company and the products hold up as good as Deere for a lot less. They do ship to Canada but not sure where you are as far as rate. Hope that helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.