Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a neighbors 325 which bogs down as soon as you engage the pto. Disconnected the pto belt and it doesn't bog down whatsoever. As soon as the belt is back on it bogs and stalls. Does this still seem like a possible switch problem, engine issue or a belt routing issue? I have pulled the deck and everything spins freely... Plugs changed 2 months ago. Just trying to help my retired neighbors because they don't have much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Check to make sure both cylinders are firing. Do this with inline spark testers or when running pull the sparkplug wire off one at a time. Then you have to determine if its a spark issue or something else.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Check to make sure both cylinders are firing. Do this with inline spark testers or when running pull the sparkplug wire off one at a time. Then you have to determine if its a spark issue or something else.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
You should see a noticeable difference when removing each plug wire.

Wouldn't hurt to check the air and fuel filters. Either can cause problems.

You can also try moving the throttle lever to give it a little choke as you engage the deck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the throttle level trick. Changed the filters and I'll check the spark tonight. It does puff a little smoke when I put it full throttle or choke it a little.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I tried the throttle level trick. Changed the filters and I'll check the spark tonight. It does puff a little smoke when I put it full throttle or choke it a little.

Yes it will blow black smoke because you are giving the engine more fuel. If the running problem is from the engine running lean the extra fuel should help. Did it make any difference?

Also you need to be 100% sure that the deck doesn't have any issues. I know you said everything spins freely but if a pulley or spindle locking up can cause your problem. It may spin okay by hand but not under load from the belt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deck has no issues, spark is good, air and fuel filters are good and no bogging when pto belt remover. Wondering what to do next. Any ideas???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts