Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 332. It fires right up and runs great. However when you move the hydro lever forward the tractor moves but not very fast. The same happens in reverse. The hydro lever feels sloppy and just not right. I pulled the fender deck to get a look at the linkage. Are there any adjustments that can be made? Also, I don't see a torsion dampener anywhere. Shouldn't there be one? It's like the linkage doesn't move enough. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I would check your freewheel valves. I believe the lever that activates them should be on the right of the frame in the wheel well. That should be on top of the transaxle. Someone might have activated them rolling the tractor with out it running and they have not returned to their proper position now that you have started it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,068 Posts
Have you checked the hydro fluid? Is it full? Does the tractor roll freely? If not are the brakes locked or dragging? If the hydro linkage is loose or worn out you may not be getting sufficient engagement.

The linkage schematics are serial number specific. This image was retrieved from the JD Parts online lookup:

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Text Line Auto part Line art Diagram

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The check valves are released and it rolls with no issues. The fluid is full and the brakes are not engaged. Superglidesport, I do believe the hydro linkage is loose and/or worn and not getting sufficient engagement. When I move the lever forward and reverse the swash plate(I think) barely moves in either direction. I have the fender deck off but can't see anywhere to make any adjustments. I believe I have the correct schematic for the linkage by visually comparing the parts. The serial # tag has been removed so I'm not sure how to identify the exact year of the machine. Also, all of the schematics on JD parts show a torsional dampener as part of the linkage. I cannot locate one anywhere on the machine. Would this cause the issues I'm having? I'm thinking not but this is new to me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Generally, there's not a whole lot of adjustment. It's usually a matter of replacing the worn parts. If the dampener is missing, I'd be a little concerned as to what else was done to the linkage.

You can look up the year of your tractor by the serial # here Weekend Freedom Machines Forum | Vintage John Deere Tractors - Registry

Then you can do a better parts comparison on JDParts.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The engine serial number is the only other way to figure out the age/serial number. I was thinking a dealer could look it up but I am not positive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.