Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some guidance to remove the radiator from my 332. I've drained it, removed the hoses, removed all of the bolts from the shroud and the radiator. Everything is loose but I can't get the shroud out of the way to pull the radiator out. Do I need to remove the dash tower sides? Any help and/or literature would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
It's been a very long time since I did my 332 and don't remember for sure as I tore just about everything down. But looking at this old pic it looks like I had to remove the sides of the steering column tower but not the tower itself. Sorry I can't be of more help....

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire Tire

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
301 Posts
My Brother who has my old 322, also has the service manual. If I remember correctly you need to take the fan blade off the water pump (4 - bolts) to get the shroud to move toward the motor enough to get the rad enough clearance to come out. The rad should have two studs that sit in a couple of rubber bushings on the bottom if the bolts on the dash tower sides are removed then it should just pull out. No need to pull the dash.
It's been a while since I've been in one, I'm sure a resident expert like ChuckV will be along to set us straight.

Now would be a great time to change the alternator / water pump belt... unless that's why you are pulling the rad.

Looks like this gentleman was able to get the shroud over the fan blades to pull the radiator:

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/29437-replacing-alt-fan-belt-on-332-j-d/

Here's another tutorial with pics:

http://www.wfmachines.com/forums/showthread.php/8300-332-Fan-Belt

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not hard but it is a tight fit. Better though then the 84 430. Unbolt the radiator from the pedistal sides, remove the hydraulic lever side pedistal side, Unbolt the fan shroud. Remove hoses from radiator, Remove bottom drain twist bolt (the plastic part you twist to drain-nothing else). Remove the air filter holder up top. Lean the fan shroud over the fan and lift out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.