Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the isolators on a 355D? I am trying to do that but I am having problems getting the correct clearance. According to my John Deere manual it says that I need 6mm clearance from the top of mounting plate to the top of the frame of the tractor. Not sure where to measure this clearance. Plus there is no adjustment on the isolators. The book says if the clearance is not right the hood will not fit.
I thought I would leave the bolts on the isolators loose and then tighten them after the engine is bolted down. The book says to install and torque down the bolts on the mounting plate before installing the engine. Not sure what to do.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Has anyone replaced the isolators on a 355D? I am trying to do that but I am having problems getting the correct clearance. According to my John Deere manual it says that I need 6mm clearance from the top of mounting plate to the top of the frame of the tractor. Not sure where to measure this clearance. Plus there is no adjustment on the isolators. The book says if the clearance is not right the hood will not fit.
I thought I would leave the bolts on the isolators loose and then tighten them after the engine is bolted down. The book says to install and torque down the bolts on the mounting plate before installing the engine. Not sure what to do.
Just bolt the mounts in. Then see if the hood fits/closes. If the engine is rubbing the hood it might crack it.

Usually old mounts cause clearance problems when they become old, cracked and saggy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts