Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what appears to be an engine oil leak, under the (black) dash panel, on my (new-to-me) John Deere #3720. The oil runs down from above/behind the electrical fuse panel and out on to the floor when parked. I would like to examine/fix what ever is the problem behind the dash panel, but can't figure out how to get it separated from the tractor. Any help or suggestions as to what might be leaking and how to separate the panel would be appreciated. Thanks, Peter

·
Administrator
17,963 Posts
:wgtt:

I suspect it's hydraulic oil from the steering (orbital) valve area, not engine oil.

Do you have a cab or open station?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
:wgtt:

I suspect it's hydraulic oil from the steering (orbital) valve area, not engine oil.

Do you have a cab or open station?

It must be "3x20 Problem Week" on GTT. That's the 2nd or 3rd time this week you've asked that question about one of these tractors. :laugh:

Hopefully I don't have a similar question to post anytime soon! :hide:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peter J. Morris

I have what appears to be an engine oil leak, under the (black) dash panel, on my (new-to-me) John Deere #3720. The oil runs down from above/behind the electrical fuse panel and out on to the floor when parked. I would like to examine/fix what ever is the problem behind the dash panel, but can't figure out how to get it separated from the tractor. Any help or suggestions as to what might be leaking and how to separate the panel would be appreciated. Thanks, Peter
The tractor in question is an "open station" with a Curtis Cab added later.

·
Administrator
17,963 Posts
Hopefully it's just an o-ring at one of the line connections:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts