Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had a John Deere 375 Skid Steer for a few years. I mostly use it to maintain our driveway. It has the yanmar diesel engine. Recently the boom started lifting and tilting very slowly then soon after that the machine will barely move or do anything. Its not the engine that is working fine. Im not really sure where to start but was thinking maybe the 'gear pump' that drives the two 'hydrostatic pumps'. It at least looks fairly easy to get off the machine. The pump says 'Kanzaki PW1-C-5a' or maybe 'PWI-C-5A". Cant seem to find one of these anywhere. Not sure what my next step is? Maybe just take it off and take it into a Hydro shop? There is a very large one an hour away from me that rebuilt the boom tilt cylinders. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I have a hydraulic log splitter and zero turn mower but neither of them have ever given me any hydraulic issues. Thanks

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Ive had a John Deere 375 Skid Steer for a few years. I mostly use it to maintain our driveway. It has the yanmar diesel engine. Recently the boom started lifting and tilting very slowly then soon after that the machine will barely move or do anything. Its not the engine that is working fine. Im not really sure where to start but was thinking maybe the 'gear pump' that drives the two 'hydrostatic pumps'. It at least looks fairly easy to get off the machine. The pump says 'Kanzaki PW1-C-5a' or maybe 'PWI-C-5A". Cant seem to find one of these anywhere. Not sure what my next step is? Maybe just take it off and take it into a Hydro shop? There is a very large one an hour away from me that rebuilt the boom tilt cylinders. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I have a hydraulic log splitter and zero turn mower but neither of them have ever given me any hydraulic issues. Thanks
What has your maintenance schedule been like on the hydro fluid and filter? It could be the pump for sure, but I would rule out a few other things first. If it has a Yanmar engine in it, it can’t be too old, since that started in 2012 or so. How many hours?
Can you hook something up to the auxiliary outlet to test the flow more directly?
The hydraulic shop should be able to test and/or rebuild the pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What has your maintenance schedule been like on the hydro fluid and filter? It could be the pump for sure, but I would rule out a few other things first. If it has a Yanmar engine in it, it can’t be too old, since that started in 2012 or so. How many hours?
Can you hook something up to the auxiliary outlet to test the flow more directly?
The hydraulic shop should be able to test and/or rebuild the pump.
Its actually pretty old. I think an early 90s model. I rarely use it, but I did change the hydraulic fluid and filter about 2 years ago when I replaced the 2 boom tilt cylinders. There is no auxilary outlet it is a very small machine. 17HP I think, somewhere in that neighborhood. In the service manual it says to add a T and a quick connect adapter to test the PSI. I work on engines and all types of other stuff but hydraulics are completely foreign to me. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
Is this it? Cute lil’ fela! Can‘t help you on the hydraulics, but can add a photo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sir, thats it. Mine doesnt have the lights, has lawn mower tires, teeth on the bucket and more of a rust patina. But thats it. I think Im gonna try taking the gear pump off today because thats the easiest part to get off. And I dont know what else to do besides take the whole machine somewhere. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts