Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dealer priced the BLV11143 3rd function valve installed for $1250. Does that sound fair to those of you that have already gotten the valve installed on your 1025r?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sucks. The valve 843 labor 400 was what I was quoted.
False alarm, that was not including the loader hose kit so I could use the grapple and snow blade. That was an additional $450.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
It took the junior tech DAYS to install my 3rd SCV, lines, loader hard lines on my 3039R. Sounds like money well spent for $1200 incl parts.

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
That makes the Artillian Diverter Kit pretty attractive :good2:
Respectfully Kenny, that is an apples to oranges statement. The prices he was quoted were installed and shipped prices. The Artillian Diverter is 838.10 shipped, uninstalled. The JD 3rd function kit is 871.56 at the dealer's location, uninstalled.

The Artillian kit includes HOSES to be installed along the loader frame to feed the attachment requiring the third function. The John Deere kit is hard lines, not hoses. A person wouldn't have to install a hard line kit with the John Deere 3rd function kit and could utilize hoses, like the Artillian kit.

The install will take longer and therefore cost more with the JD 3rd function kit. To do it right and make the correct electrical connections and cable routing, there will be a significant amount of time involved with the Artillian kit, but not nearly that of the JD kit.

So, yes, simply looking at dollars the Artillian kit is "attractive", but in appearance, far less "attractive". After spending $20K for a new tractor, I wouldn't compromise to save a couple hundred, in my opinion.

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
Respectfully Kenny, that is an apples to oranges statement. The prices he was quoted were installed and shipped prices. The Artillian Diverter is 838.10 shipped, uninstalled. The JD 3rd function kit is 871.56 at the dealer's location, uninstalled.

The Artillian kit includes HOSES to be installed along the loader frame to feed the attachment requiring the third function. The John Deere kit is hard lines, not hoses. A person wouldn't have to install a hard line kit with the John Deere 3rd function kit and could utilize hoses, like the Artillian kit.

The install will take longer and therefore cost more with the JD 3rd function kit. To do it right and make the correct electrical connections and cable routing, there will be a significant amount of time involved with the Artillian kit, but nearly that of the JD kit.

So, yes, simply looking at dollars the Artillian kit is "attractive", but in appearance, far less "attractive". After spending $20K for a new tractor, I wouldn't compromise to save a couple hundred, in my opinion.
You're always complaining about the switch and the lines, but for 99% of people they fit the bill perfectly and they can do a easy install themselves. The JD kit is meant to be dealer installed becasue it's so complicated and you can't use it if you have some other options installed at the same time.

If you used hoses with the JD kit, you will spend another $100 or more plus then you need need to come up with you're own bulkhead to terminate them unless you want them flopping around.

The Artillian kit can be installed in less than two hours and you don't have to dissemble half the tractor to do it. The dealer quoted him $400, so I suspect that's four hours.

We will have to agree to disagree here, but you are correct about the apples to oranges comparison, with the JD green apples being far more complicated and expensive all said and done.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
You're always complaining about the switch and the lines
"Complaining" is a bit derogatory and harsh. When a member inquires and asks for opinions, I tell them my experience.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Well said, Kenny!

I've said this before - I don't think that the "Artillian button switch" is a "problem" that needs an expensive handle with cool buttons as a "solution".

I may be wrong but I think that the main "advantage" to having a true third function for your front hydraulics is that you might be able to use the curl function at the same time as you are clamping with the grapple. But in all of the times that I've clamped down on something, I can't think of a single time that I've said "Wow! I wish I could curl right now!" Nor would there be any advantage to having the true third function for angling my snow blade.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
"Complaining" is a bit derogatory and harsh. When a member inquires and asks for opinions, I tell them my experience.
The only opinion he asked about was the price.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well said, Kenny!

I've said this before - I don't think that the "Artillian button switch" is a "problem" that needs an expensive handle with cool buttons as a "solution".

I may be wrong but I think that the main "advantage" to having a true third function for your front hydraulics is that you might be able to use the curl function at the same time as you are clamping with the grapple. But in all of the times that I've clamped down on something, I can't think of a single time that I've said "Wow! I wish I could curl right now!" Nor would there be any advantage to having the true third function for angling my snow blade.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I personally use the curl and the clamp at the same time often......tend to run the "bucket" under a pile of brush then push and roll the bucket down or up as i clamp to help me get a full load of smaller items.....could i get along without the curlclamp at the same time (yes i do think so)......on a different tractor that has the 3rd fuction on a seperate scv lever i dont use it at the same time because it would take two right hands this system certainly does not work as well but obviously due to logistics i cant use both fuctions at once but it does work...

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
I personally use the curl and the clamp at the same time often......tend to run the "bucket" under a pile of brush then push and roll the bucket down or up as i clamp to help me get a full load of smaller items.....could i get along without the curlclamp at the same time (yes i do think so)

You also have a much larger tractor that has more GPM available to do that.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The only opinion he asked about was the price.
Correct, in this thread....and that was the only thing I commented on.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'd buy the $714 and put it on myself....I see no issues in installing....I don't have one on my 1025r as I have the 4400 with 3rd function. Why would someone pay $1700?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd buy the $714 and put it on myself....I see no issues in installing....I don't have one on my 1025r as I have the 4400 with 3rd function. Why would someone pay $1700?
Seemed like a fair price for a dealer installed and warrantied JD solution for a dedicated 3rd function to support a grapple I’ll use quite a bit.

I spend 26k on the platform, 1700 seems reasonable for an additional function that will likely serve me the next 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the input and I appreciate the multiple opinions for each choice. As most of you know adding a grapple is one of the biggest expenses for these 1 series tractors and I definitely do not want to sacrifice quality but cost is also important as long as performance is not sacrificed.

I know the price included installation on the valve versus installing the Artillian diverter but I feel comfortable installing the Artillian diverter vs the JD 3rd function that is dealer dependent because it does not come with any type of instructions other than a diagram with a parts list. It is basically $1000 dollars difference between the two.

Has anyone had any warranty issues after adding a diverter valve?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not trying to hijack the thread but I see on Amazon that Summit Hydraulics has a joystick handle with a switch for the 3rd function for those that don't like the added on button.

Has anyone tried one of these ?
I would be interested in more information.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts