Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that the fuel gauge on the 4105 is very inaccurate? The gauge will read very close to empty but when I go to refuel I can barely get 5 gallons in before its at the very top. Fuel capacity is listed at 11.5 gallons. This all while the tractor is on level ground. Sort of frustrating when you stop what you are working on to refuel to find out you could still be operating.

Id love to hear from anyone who has experienced this or has a fix. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have owned my 4105 for 4 years, and always thought the tank was only 6ish gallons, until just last month when reviewing the manual I found the same 11.6? gal entry and thought there’s not enough room under the hood for 11 gallons, so it must be a typo or the tank has some strange extrusions around the column or over the engine. There just is not enough room.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think it's a common issue among this model and similar 3000/4000's. My former 06' 3320 was exactly as you described. It would read empty but it would only take a few gallons.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have owned my 4105 for 4 years, and always thought the tank was only 6ish gallons, until just last month when reviewing the manual I found the same 11.6? gal entry and thought there’s not enough room under the hood for 11 gallons, so it must be a typo or the tank has some strange extrusions around the column or over the engine. There just is not enough room.
Good to know someone else thinks the same thing. I even looked at the parts schematic from John Deere, the tank looks normal, but very doubtful it holds 11 + gallons. I suppose that means its even more fuel efficient than I thought:lol:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's a common issue among this model and similar 3000/4000's. My former 06' 3320 was exactly as you described. It would read empty but it would only take a few gallons.
Interesting, I wonder if some of the parts used were the same. The parts website shows different part numbers. Wish there was a fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts