Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My JD 4230 injection pump is leaking fuel into oil. It has the Stanadyne DM4 pump. I have already replaced the lift pump thinking it may be the cause but I'm still getting fuel in the oil. I was about to try and reseal it myself but I see in the repair manual it is showing a special tool No. 19923 to place the drive shaft seals in place. Do you know if these seals can be placed without having the tool? Also is this pump fairly easy to reseal and not have to go through bench testing afterwards? Thanks

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
The “Cup” seals on the pump shaft can be replaced and installed without the special tool . I’ve done this many times.
If engine is operating as it should, no need to have injection pump repaired.

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
PM me if you need more info.
I’ll give you my cell number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My JD 4230 injection pump is leaking fuel into oil. It has the Stanadyne DM4 pump. I have already replaced the lift pump thinking it may be the cause but I'm still getting fuel in the oil. I was about to try and reseal it myself but I see in the repair manual it is showing a special tool No. 19923 to place the drive shaft seals in place. Do you know if these seals can be placed without having the tool? Also is this pump fairly easy to reseal and not have to go through bench testing afterwards? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The seals on this DM4 pump are internal so it is my understanding that the pump has to be disassembled. I think on the DB pumps the seals are external so they can be replaced without disassembling the pump.

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
The seals on this DM4 pump are internal so it is my understanding that the pump has to be disassembled. I think on the DB pumps the seals are external so they can be replaced without disassembling the pump.
OK. I may be thinking of the older pumps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts