Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new carb on my 425. I have a question about the plate that the choke and throttle cables attach to. It is held on with two bolts. The bolt holes are slotted on the plate. Not sure what that adjustment is for or where to position the plate. Also does anyone know the correct RPM at wide open throttle and how to read it. Can a RPM gauge be hooked up?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Jackson, The only help I can give you is on reading the RPM. Harbor Freight sells an el cheapo magnetic tape type for around $30. Attach a piece of tape (supplied), point, push button, and your RPM is displayed. I have a jumper to put into seat switch in my 3xx's, so I mount tape on pto pulley, mount tape engage, pto, and take reading. Bob

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Yes.. Those slots are there to adjust the high idle. Loosen bolts and move plate to increase/decrease engine speed at wide open throttle. High idle is 3600 +/- 100 rpm. You should see marks where the bolts contacted the plate. Just use that as a guide for initial setting. Check rpms as the previous poster said.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts