Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started up my 425 today and it's been surging a little lately. I opened the hood and I could see gas spaying on the carb where the fuel line goes in. I have a rebuild kit on order but wondering if anyone has seen this. I'm hoping it's the fuel line is degraded not a crack in the carb. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
If it's a chunk of rubber fuel line and its old, replace it and see if it fixes the leak. I have an old Craftsman that has a 3" piece of rubber hose right at the carb, that was leaking. Looking at it before I took it off, you could see what looked like fuel 'seeping through the skin' of the hose. Couldn't find a split until I took it off. On the back side I found 2 small cracks in it. Just deteriorated from age.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's a chunk of rubber fuel line and its old, replace it and see if it fixes the leak. I have an old Craftsman that has a 3" piece of rubber hose right at the carb, that was leaking. Looking at it before I took it off, you could see what looked like fuel 'seeping through the skin' of the hose. Couldn't find a split until I took it off. On the back side I found 2 small cracks in it. Just deteriorated from age.
I think it may be the deal between the filter box and the carb. Although I disconnected the fuel line and it looked fine reconnected it and not having the issue. Probably will just rebuild the carb anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts