Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone,
I have a John Deere 425 that developed a fuel problem this year when it gets hot outside. Two times it has died while mowing the yard if the temperature is above 80 (when it dies i notice that the fuel pump is not running). It usually takes a few hours for it to start again. This last time it would not start and I pushed it to the garage. Couple days later I had time to look at it and noticed that the fuel pump is not making any noise. I checked the voltage at the wire connection and had 12 volts. I then replaced the pump and now i can hear the pump run but no fuel is coming out of the line. I checked the voltage again at the harness and noticed 12 volts on the pink/red line and 6 volts on the black/white line( i think this controls the fuel gauge). i noticed that the fuel gauge is acting funny now. any suggestions on what to check for next? I checked the fuses. Thank you in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.