Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to remove and replace the plastic pedestal the houses the gages, brake release, etc. and was able to cut the old unit out for removal. My question: the black plastic or rubber hand grips that enclose the two hydraulic actuation levers need to be remove so that I can install the new pedestal and also the rubber seal that covers the opening. It appears there is a small black piece at the end of each handle. Are they related to the removal process... Jim

·
Registered
694 Posts
Can't the levers be disconnected from the tractor and reinstalled after the pedestal is installed?

Knobs do show 'available to order'.

Knob
Part Number M136759
Description Knob - KNOB, SCV
Remarks (SUB FOR M110158)
About $12 or $13

I wouldn't separate the old ones from the levers unless I had the new ones in my hand...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I have removed similar lever covers using my heat gun set to about 300-350 degrees with good success. My heat gun is digital controlled so I can be quite accurate on the temperature. The key is not too hot and just enough to get the cover hot and a good pair of gloves to grab and remove when hot enough

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys will try heat gun first then purchase. Removing the shafts looks to be too much effort, and my body will probably not bend that way anyway!

·
Registered
John Deere 650, 330, 317
60 Posts
I’ve never had any not just pull off. You don’t have to remove the levers themselves- once the steering wheel is off the whole thing can be maneuvered over the levers. It takes a bit of forcing. Not a particularly enjoyable job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts