Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to me 430 had no fuel shut off solenoid, Ordered new one wired it up the pink/black wire has constant 12v with key off. also glow plugs do not heat. The glowplug light in the dash comes on and goes off after a few seconds. any info on where to start would be grateful.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Glow plug problem - Check for the control relay mounted on the firewall, right side of tractor, low on the firewall.
Check the leads, they go back, one to the TDCM, the other to the 8 amp circuit breaker which (starts the safety circuit check - purple wire, then goes to the neutral start relay, then the transmission neutral switch, then the PTO switches then to power (F1 - 25 Amp Fuse). I would disconnect battery and get to the TDCM and test continuity through the connectors on the TDCM, pull plastic connectors apart and cleaning the electrical connections.

Do you have the TM1591 and CTM3?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The relay seems okay it clicks on when the key is in the on position. What pins would I ohm to check the relay ?
Do you have the manuals as mentioned in my updated post #2

Also check 10 amp fuse which feeds power to the glow plug controller, at the GPCM socket, yellow wire supplies power to GPCM, black wire is ground, grey wire controls the indicator lamp, red wire get power from fusible link (F3) covered in orange heat shrink (engine starter area, there are 2 fusible links there) to drive the glow Plugs when relays says to apply power, red/white wire feeds power to Glow Plugs. Glow plus should read 1 ohm of resistance each, from where connector is hooked up and engine as ground (power wire removed)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have the manuals as mentioned in my updated post #2

Also check 10 amp fuse which feeds power to the glow plug controller and glow plugs
I just saw your updated post. I found the manuals you mentioned and will test and clean the connections in the morning.

For the other problem, On the X21 connector the wire 650 Pink/Blk has constant 12v with key on or in off position. The 820 Pink wire appears to be operating normally, With key in the run position I can manually push in the plunger and it stays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts