Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a hydraulic top link to go with my Ruegg 3 point and box blade and I got it all set up today. It took a bit of research to find all the right sizes and proper names of everything, so I thought I would spell it all out here for anyone else who wants to try. I bought the hoses to do a soft line, but decided to learn a new skill and run hard lines. Picked up 2 5 foot lengths of 3/8" mild steel tube, one 1/2" o ring boss to 37° jic adapter, one 3/8" o ring face to 37° jic, a few 3/8" tube sleeves and nuts. I picked this all up at a local hydraulic shop. I pulled a lock out valve off a 425 that I only use for mowing, so I could lock out the top link, which I suspect I will lock out some time when doing dirt work with my front blade at the same time as I'm using the box blade. I picked up pioneer style quick couplers that are compatible with the John Deere quick connects from the local rural King and the 1/4" npt to 37° jic adapters to hook the couplers onto the hard line. Grabbed a 14 gauge 2"x8" drop cut from a local sheet metal shop and had them put a 90° bend in it. I cut some off and drilled holes in it, then welded it across the 90° bend so it's quite strong. Overall I'm happy how the project turned out, I had to get kind of low with the hard line from the lock out valve. I could have picked up a right angle adapter to avoid it but no big deal. No leaks on the first try! Fun project.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Nice,what length hydro cylinder did you use for your top link.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I wanted a hydraulic top link to go with my Ruegg 3 point and box blade and I got it all set up today. It took a bit of research to find all the right sizes and proper names of everything, so I thought I would spell it all out here for anyone else who wants to try. I bought the hoses to do a soft line, but decided to learn a new skill and run hard lines. Picked up 2 5 foot lengths of 3/8" mild steel tube, one 1/2" o ring boss to 37° jic adapter, one 3/8" o ring face to 37° jic, a few 3/8" tube sleeves and nuts. I picked this all up at a local hydraulic shop. I pulled a lock out valve off a 425 that I only use for mowing, so I could lock out the top link, which I suspect I will lock out some time when doing dirt work with my front blade at the same time as I'm using the box blade. I picked up pioneer style quick couplers that are compatible with the John Deere quick connects from the local rural King and the 1/4" npt to 37° jic adapters to hook the couplers onto the hard line. Grabbed a 14 gauge 2"x8" drop cut from a local sheet metal shop and had them put a 90° bend in it. I cut some off and drilled holes in it, then welded it across the 90° bend so it's quite strong. Overall I'm happy how the project turned out, I had to get kind of low with the hard line from the lock out valve. I could have picked up a right angle adapter to avoid it but no big deal. No leaks on the first try! Fun project.

randyandrewsberg,

Nice work on the rear hydraulic addition!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice,what length hydro cylinder did you use for your top link.
I decided a John Deere 425 rock shaft is there right length to add weld on 3 point eyes, but I ended up buying a ready to run cat 0 hydraulic top link from agristoreusa.com. it had a double piloted check valve to keep it from drifting. Since I'll primary be pulling a box blade, I'd imagine the top link will see some pressure from the cutting edge depending on how aggressive I'm trying to cut, so I thought the check valve was important. I'll make another post soon with a video of the top link operation.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I decided a John Deere 425 rock shaft is there right length to add weld on 3 point eyes, but I ended up buying a ready to run cat 0 hydraulic top link from agristoreusa.com. it had a double piloted check valve to keep it from drifting. Since I'll primary be pulling a box blade, I'd imagine the top link will see some pressure from the cutting edge depending on how aggressive I'm trying to cut, so I thought the check valve was important. I'll make another post soon with a video of the top link operation.

I have a cat 1 Ruegg on my x595 and was thinking of on for my single bottom plow and other attachments.Like to see pic when you get all done.:good2:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Real nice job! I put rear remotes on mine. But, I just ran hoses with quick connects, which means I couldn't use with a front blade. For me, I just use to operate a hydraulic dump trailor. I do have hyd. toplink on my bigger tractor. It is great for use with rear implements. You are going to love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts