Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a john deere 455 I have a question about the hydraulic valve lock out I believe when I thread in it should shut off rear rocker shaft but when I thread in it drips oil is there some sort of oring inside or is this a non serviceable Item thanks for help

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,514 Posts

Operate mower deck or rear implement lift: Turn T-handle (A) counterclockwise until tight.

Operate front hitch/attachments: Turn T-handle (A) clockwise until it is bottomed out.

If it is leaking at the NUT(behind the T-Handle), there should be a O-Ring & back-up ring. You may be able to purchase locally(parts store).

If mower deck is attached, lower it to the ground.
Shut off engine; and relieve the hydraulic pressure by moving the lift lever back & forth.
Place a drain pan under the valve to catch any oil.
Loosen and remover the nut behind the T-handle, as you're turning it counter-clockwise.
Replace the O-ring/back-up ring, and re-install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

That is very helpful I will not get to any more this weekend but I believe that should solve problem will keep posted just wasn't sure if it was oring or bottomed out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oring

Good afternoon took part oring looks like a flat one and backup washer has a split by looks of pics yours also does to suppose oring just looks flat from being old or should it be a flat washer thanks for your time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts