Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,461 Posts
My question is how do you move the caster centers to the outside ridge of the rim?
Like this?
Bill-Jones-JD-50-2.jpg
If so, remove the Rim Clamps; and install them on the opposite side of the Cast Center, with the head of the bolt to the inside; and nut to the outside.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes mine is like that, however my caster is on the inside ridge of rim and the nuts are on the outside of the rims now. I guess also what I would like to know is how do you move it to the outer ridge after you get the rim clamps loose.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,461 Posts
Yes mine is like that, however my caster is on the inside ridge of rim and the nuts are on the outside of the rims now. I guess also what I would like to know is how do you move it to the outer ridge after you get the rim clamps loose.
Prior to removing clamps, place a jack under the axle(final drive) housing, next to the wheel. Lift that side until the tire is slight off the ground(floor). Remove nuts, bolts and clamps, except for two near the top(11 o-clock & 1 o-clock position). Hold the wheel steady while someone lowers the jack enough to clear the two remaining clamps, then move the rim to the ridge you desire. Once in position, jack up on the tractor until the tire is slightly off the ground(floor). Install the clamps, bolts & nuts. Tighten them evenly.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
...and be careful not to let the rim and tire to get away from you, especially if the tires are loaded. As usual, flyweight gives good instructions.

Reactions: flyweight

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,461 Posts
...and be careful not to let the rim and tire to get away from you, especially if the tires are loaded.
Yes. Be very careful. For safety reasons, this should be a three person job. One at the jack, two at the tire/wheel. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts