Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 5200 that all of a sudden started losing its prime when shut off. Once you prime it back it runs fine until you shut it off and it sits for a while. Thinking that a vent maybe stopped up because the fuel tank seems to be collapsing and sucks a lot of air in when the cap is taken off. Does anyone know if there is a vent or check valve somewhere in the line? I've looked and can't seem to find one. I replaced the fuel filter to no avail and checked all the fuel lines for leaks.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have a 96 5200 that all of a sudden started losing its prime when shut off. Once you prime it back it runs fine until you shut it off and it sits for a while. Thinking that a vent maybe stopped up because the fuel tank seems to be collapsing and sucks a lot of air in when the cap is taken off. Does anyone know if there is a vent or check valve somewhere in the line? I've looked and can't seem to find one. I replaced the fuel filter to no avail and checked all the fuel lines for leaks.
Not sure what kind of vent system your tractor has but it sounds like your problem. Try running it with the fuel cap loose and see if that helps.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The vent is behind the SMV sign on back of the tank. Remove the 2 screws holding sign on and you will find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts