Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JD John Deere 5425 MFWD (4WD) tractor. This is a 2005 81HP with good tires all around. Has 2 remotes, 540 and 540E PTO, 9 speed FWD and 3 REV Sync Shuttle transmission. Open cab ROPS with canopy. Seat cushions were worn with some damage, shift knob was broken, and exhaust pipe was bent so replaced all. Has less then 1800 hours

The tractor spent its like pulling a 15 foot finish mower, and I used it on my place with step hills and it didn't give me a bit of concern. Only thing I found that does not work is the fuel gauge. Tractor is ready to work

$25,500.00
Location Burkesville, KY

DSCN0835.JPG
DSCN0834.JPG
DSCN0836.JPG
DSCN0839.JPG
DSCN0839.JPG

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
Location...?

Price...?

These things are kind of important if you are seriously trying to find a buyer.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Nice looking tractor for a 2005 model. Rear tires appear to be small for a 81 HP tractor.

·
Premium Member
7,709 Posts
Nice looking tractor for a 2005 model. Rear tires appear to be small for a 81 HP tractor.
It might be because they are set so wide, it looks like room for more tire.

·
Premium Member
7,709 Posts
Is that an aftermarket seat? I am asking because it's not yellow.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that an aftermarket seat? I am asking because it's not yellow.
Yes and no. Only the cushions where replaced and this is why they are black. The JD seat is made by Grammer, but Grammer cannot sell a Yellow seat to anyone. Company said the JD seat is a DS44/3 and is no longer made. I called JD dealer and new cushions were $600 and a new seat was almost $1300.

Figure Grammer will make another seat but to do just one cost more. Would be cheaper to find a seat from a brand new tractor which would fit then get an original.

I bought an entire seat mechanism and cushions from Grammer, then removed the cushions. I still have the old cushions if the buyer wants them. The back is not in bad shape but the seat is missing corners

Fella in another thread mention getting a JD seat cover

1 - 9 of 9 Posts